Solved

BTX Dell case, HP615114-001 mobo

The Dell & HP mobo's share std. BTX mounting hole dimensions. My Dell desktop case (board is 10.5"x12.8") is big enuff for the HP board. ATX psu cabling is standardized (for the most part)...are BTX psu connectors std? I can modify the on/off switch/pigtail & socket. In other words, can someone specifically say I will need the PSU from an HP? Or...are any of "you all" aware of an Intel/Dell board with SATA3, 6.0Gb/s? The HP 8200 Elite USDT (ultra small desktop) uses an external psu. That sounds ideal. Any idea how to connect a case fan w/o installing the 8200 usdt psu? Thanks, dinosoar.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about btx dell case hp615114 001 mobo
  1. randy_w said:
    The Dell & HP mobo's share std. BTX mounting hole dimensions. My Dell desktop case (board is 10.5"x12.8") is big enuff for the HP board. ATX psu cabling is standardized (for the most part)...are BTX psu connectors std? I can modify the on/off switch/pigtail & socket. In other words, can someone specifically say I will need the PSU from an HP? Or...are any of "you all" aware of an Intel/Dell board with SATA3, 6.0Gb/s? I would be very obliged. Best Regards, The Dinosoar.

    Ok if we are talking about the dimension series btx I hope you have a dremel drill because you 2 things you have to cut cpu old bracket becuase the hp is a stranded and the io/sheild. btx power supply are the same as atx unless they are propitiatory and the hp board looks like it need a propitiatory power supply. and why not just get expansion card for the sata3 6gb
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-E-To-SATA3-PCI-E-SATA3-0-6Gb-s-the-SSD-Asmedia-Chip-Expansion-Card-ASM1061-A-/142034200474?hash=item2111e5e79a:g:3SQAAOSwNuxXa6u1
  2. Even Dell to Dell swaps have a lot of problems with different proprietary front I/O pinouts. Add in HP parts and your asking for trouble.
  3. Pentium4User said:
    randy_w said:
    The Dell & HP mobo's share std. BTX mounting hole dimensions. My Dell desktop case (board is 10.5"x12.8") is big enuff for the HP board. ATX psu cabling is standardized (for the most part)...are BTX psu connectors std? I can modify the on/off switch/pigtail & socket. In other words, can someone specifically say I will need the PSU from an HP? Or...are any of "you all" aware of an Intel/Dell board with SATA3, 6.0Gb/s? I would be very obliged. Best Regards, The Dinosoar.

    Ok if we are talking about the dimension series btx I hope you have a dremel drill because you 2 things you have to cut cpu old bracket becuase the hp is a stranded and the io/sheild. btx power supply are the same as atx unless they are propitiatory and the hp board looks like it need a propitiatory power supply. and why not just get expansion card for the sata3 6gb
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-E-To-SATA3-PCI-E-SATA3-0-6Gb-s-the-SSD-Asmedia-Chip-Expansion-Card-ASM1061-A-/142034200474?hash=item2111e5e79a:g:3SQAAOSwNuxXa6u1
  4. the dell opti 380 mobo serves SATA2 only. A pci-e card will not suffice. Thanks. I'll keep researching.
  5. Best answer
    randy_w said:
    the dell opti 380 mobo serves SATA2 only. A pci-e card will not suffice. Thanks. I'll keep researching.
    you could get a dell dimension 520 board with the card since I can see the optiplex 380 only has 1 pci-e slot while the 520 board has an x1 and a x16 but you will need to cut out the io shield or either than that you better off building a new computer or buying a used dell that came with sata3.
  6. randy_w said:
    the dell opti 380 mobo serves SATA2 only. A pci-e card will not suffice. Thanks. I'll keep researching.
    you could get a dell dimension 520 board with the card since I can see the optiplex 380 only has 1 pci-e slot while the 520 board has an x1 and a x16 but you will need to cut out the io shield or either than that you better off building a new computer or buying a used dell that came with sata3.

    I ordered the 520 board before researching it. It is a SATAII, not SATA3. Always check first people! Now, I have to pay shpg both ways!!!
  7. I don't really know what your trying to build here. BTX came and went with LGA775. This was long before USB 3.0, SATA3. DDR3 support is only on the latest versions. Basically the spec. your asking for doesn't exist in BTX. Precision T3400 MB are cheap, and have dual PCIe 16X support. DDR2 RAM 16GB. But the P4 user in your tag makes me wonder what you actually want to do. XPS 430 1-GPU/730 2-GPU are the DDR3 machines but no P4 support. Best P4 board is probably the Dimension 9200 mid tower. With the T3400 you could RAID 0 a couple small SSDs to get SATA3 speed from SATA2 parts. If you could say what CPU, RAM you want to run maybe I can help. I own, and have seriously overclocked the E520, and I own a maxxed out Opti 380 also.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cases Hewlett Packard Dell