My graphic card is acting a bit weird

So if i am playing some games for a while it suddenly drops fps and becomes unplayable
http://i.imgur.com/zogw98V.png this is what i get when playing overwatch if i restart my computer i get high fps but i dont want to leave while a comp game
my msi afterburner settings: http://i.imgur.com/T9KPpsN.png

other specs: Aorus gtx 1080 ti
cpu: i7 7700k
psu CS750m
mobo:"z270 tomahawk
ram: corsair vengeance 3000 Mhz LPX
screen: Xl2411Z
Reply to GarrettB
15 answers Last reply
More about graphic card acting bit weird
  1. Unplayable in what game? Are you overclocking the GPU?
    Reply to envy14tpe
  2. envy14tpe said:
    Unplayable in what game? Are you overclocking the GPU?


    In every game until i restart my pc.
    i set my gpu On OC mode in Aorus Graphic Engine but the temps arent exceeding 74 C
    Reply to GarrettB
  3. Your OSD is blurry, so I can't read it properly.

    What are your temps looking like on CPU/GPU?
    Reply to Barty1884
  4. Barty1884 said:
    Your OSD is blurry, so I can't read it properly.

    What are your temps looking like on CPU/GPU?


    When im playing with normal fps my temps on cpu are max 72 C And gpu 74 C.

    When playing now as shown in the pic is the gpu temp 63 C

    and th cpu temp 48 C

    Also my ping when this laggy mode is always over 100, but in task manager i have zero network usage
    Reply to GarrettB
  5. What do your temps look like when the FPS dip though? MSI Afterburner should have a chart right there that monitors over time.
    It sounds like you're experiencing throttling.....could be CPU, could be GPU.

    There's also the possibility of a power issue - which I'd look to if temps are not a concern.
    The CS750 isn't the best PSU in the world (despite it's "750W" label, it's not meant for high-end setups), and may not be providing stable power to your GPU.

    For some reason when I open the imgur link the picture is fine for a split second then goes blurry. Weird.
    Reply to Barty1884
  6. Barty1884 said:
    What do your temps look like when the FPS dip though? MSI Afterburner should have a chart right there that monitors over time.
    It sounds like you're experiencing throttling.....could be CPU, could be GPU.

    There's also the possibility of a power issue - which I'd look to if temps are not a concern.
    The CS750 isn't the best PSU in the world (despite it's "750W" label, it's not meant for high-end setups), and may not be providing stable power to your GPU.

    For some reason when I open the imgur link the picture is fine for a split second then goes blurry. Weird.


    Well the temps are really random and just go down.
    temps are just fine gaming is fine too but whenever i get that laggy mode it doesnt go away until i restart or go in sleep modus. I reinstalled windows yesterday but the problem stays, it just happens on a random time
    Reply to GarrettB
  7. Ok, "fine" doesn't really help. Can you post a screenshot of your temps over time - hopefully also showing the temps at the time of the FPS drops.

    It sounds like throttling, and restarting or putting the setup to sleep allows everything to cool - but without knowing temps, it's hard to say for sure.

    What CPU cooler are you using?
    Reply to Barty1884
  8. Barty1884 said:
    Ok, "fine" doesn't really help. Can you post a screenshot of your temps over time - hopefully also showing the temps at the time of the FPS drops.

    It sounds like throttling, and restarting or putting the setup to sleep allows everything to cool - but without knowing temps, it's hard to say for sure.

    What CPU cooler are you using?


    Coolermaster Liquidpro 280
    Reply to GarrettB
  9. Will you be posting a screenshot of temps? CPU/GPU.
    Reply to Barty1884
  10. Barty1884 said:
    Will you be posting a screenshot of temps? CPU/GPU.


    Yes http://i.imgur.com/iwxs2xs.png
    i am still in the laggy mode i havent restarted my pc yet.
    i have searched everywhere on the internet and couldnt find a an awsner
    Reply to GarrettB
  11. GarrettB said:
    envy14tpe said:
    Unplayable in what game? Are you overclocking the GPU?


    In every game until i restart my pc.
    i set my gpu On OC mode in Aorus Graphic Engine but the temps arent exceeding 74 C


    You seem like an excited new owner...run the GPU at stock and work up to OC. Just run stock to rule out GPU as issue.
    Reply to envy14tpe
  12. envy14tpe said:
    GarrettB said:
    envy14tpe said:
    Unplayable in what game? Are you overclocking the GPU?


    In every game until i restart my pc.
    i set my gpu On OC mode in Aorus Graphic Engine but the temps arent exceeding 74 C


    You seem like an excited new owner...run the GPU at stock and work up to OC. Just run stock to rule out GPU as issue.


    It doesnt matter if i set in on OC Mode or normal ( gaming mode) the issue is the same.
    Reply to GarrettB
  13. So i just restarted my pc and the power limit went from 50 to 100 again and i get normal 155 fps instead of 65.
    Reply to GarrettB
  14. Well temps don't appear to be issue based on that pic..... but the fact the "laggy" aspect remains is concerning.

    Can you post a pic of the utilization chart for your GPU? Including once it goes "laggy"? I'm starting to lean towards the PSU not being able to power adequately for any length of time. I'd expect to see utilization drop off, and then we can establish what happened at the time.,
    Reply to Barty1884
  15. Barty1884 said:
    Well temps don't appear to be issue based on that pic..... but the fact the "laggy" aspect remains is concerning.

    Can you post a pic of the utilization chart for your GPU? Including once it goes "laggy"? I'm starting to lean towards the PSU not being able to power adequately for any length of time. I'd expect to see utilization drop off, and then we can establish what happened at the time.,


    Ill try to send a pic once it goes laggy this will probably take some time so i will send it when it gets laggy
    thanks for all your help.
    Reply to GarrettB
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Graphics Cards Games FPS