Solved

I think found all my parts for my Ryzen 7 build. Can someone confirm this is a good build or not.

I have a Windows 10 education serial already, so no need for that.
I do need help for a case, as there is so many. Max 50 dollars budget.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qthXzM
Reply to myaccount1234
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about found parts ryzen build confirm good build
  1. I would say not really. You need faster RAM to work with Ryzen and that's a terrible choice for a PSU. I'd also consider dropping the CPU to a 1600X and spending the difference on a better GPU. How much are you looking to spend overall?
    Reply to g-unit1111
  2. g-unit1111 said:
    I would say not really. You need faster RAM to work with Ryzen and that's a terrible choice for a PSU. I'd also consider dropping the CPU to a 1600X and spending the difference on a better GPU. How much are you looking to spend overall?


    I want to a the Ryzen 7 because I use AutoDesk Software products and would like the 2 extra cores, then the 1600x. I also multitask a lot and the extra cores and threads would help me out. I don't care about the graphics card that much because only have a 1080p panel. I am a console player too so, I care less about the graphics card anyway. I could upgrade in the future if I want. I look about spend 800 dollars max.
    Reply to myaccount1234
  3. I had written an answer previously, but had to delete that since I didn't read the recent reply. Here's a build much more suited for your budget:

    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qwt2wV

    CPU: Ryzen 7 1700
    Motherboard: ASRock AB350 Pro4
    Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3000 16 GB (2x8 GB) Silver/Gray
    Storage: WD Blue 1 TB 3.5" WD10EZEX
    Video Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB SC Gaming
    Case: Corsair Spec-01 Red
    Power Supply: Corsair CX500 500W 80+ Bronze

    This'll let you play games at 1080p and also will give good performance in CPU-intensive multi-threaded applications.
    Reply to Shektron
  4. Best answer
    I see.
    Ignore Shektron's list above, the CX PSUs are a disaster waiting to happen, as are the EVGA B1s.
    Grab this, I would have gone 3200, but the 3000 was better value and brought it under budget.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($299.39 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($77.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($115.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.44 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB SC GAMING Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair - SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $799.77
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-18 22:42 EDT-0400
    Reply to Chugalug_
  5. Chugalug_ said:
    I see.
    Ignore Shektron's list above, the CX PSUs are a disaster waiting to happen, as are the EVGA B1s.
    Grab this, I would have gone 3200, but the 3000 was better value and brought it under budget.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($299.39 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($77.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($115.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.44 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB SC GAMING Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair - SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $799.77
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-18 22:42 EDT-0400


    Thanks for not being totally condescending there. Also, the CX500 is not a bad PSU. The power supply you recommended is also part of the same series, it's just semi-modular. It's not gonna fail, I can tell you that much.
    Reply to Shektron
  6. myaccount1234 said:
    g-unit1111 said:
    I would say not really. You need faster RAM to work with Ryzen and that's a terrible choice for a PSU. I'd also consider dropping the CPU to a 1600X and spending the difference on a better GPU. How much are you looking to spend overall?


    I want to a the Ryzen 7 because I use AutoDesk Software products and would like the 2 extra cores, then the 1600x. I also multitask a lot and the extra cores and threads would help me out. I don't care about the graphics card that much because only have a 1080p panel. I am a console player too so, I care less about the graphics card anyway. I could upgrade in the future if I want. I look about spend 800 dollars max.


    Then do this:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($299.39 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350-Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard ($81.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($128.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card ($226.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($41.89 @ Newegg)
    Total: $834.13
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-19 01:28 EDT-0400
    Reply to g-unit1111
  7. Shektron said:
    Chugalug_ said:
    I see.
    Ignore Shektron's list above, the CX PSUs are a disaster waiting to happen, as are the EVGA B1s.
    Grab this, I would have gone 3200, but the 3000 was better value and brought it under budget.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($299.39 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($77.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($115.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.44 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB SC GAMING Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair - SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $799.77
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-18 22:42 EDT-0400


    Thanks for not being totally condescending there. Also, the CX500 is not a bad PSU. The power supply you recommended is also part of the same series, it's just semi-modular. It's not gonna fail, I can tell you that much.


    Without overcomplicating things, the CX series really is crap, and the old CXM/CSM are relatively poor quality too. Had several come in blown in the past, same with EVGA's B1 and a few NEX units.
    The CXM I listed is a 2016 updated unit which is far better, and is easily the best midrange/budget PSU next to the S12II.
    Reply to Chugalug_
  8. Shektron said:
    I had written an answer previously, but had to delete that since I didn't read the recent reply. Here's a build much more suited for your budget:

    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qwt2wV

    CPU: Ryzen 7 1700
    Motherboard: ASRock AB350 Pro4
    Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3000 16 GB (2x8 GB) Silver/Gray
    Storage: WD Blue 1 TB 3.5" WD10EZEX
    Video Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB SC Gaming
    Case: Corsair Spec-01 Red
    Power Supply: Corsair CX500 500W 80+ Bronze

    This'll let you play games at 1080p and also will give good performance in CPU-intensive multi-threaded applications.


    I would avoid the 1050 Ti all together. I've been shopping around for a new GPU since mine is currently failing. I decided to try one out and I wasn't really that impressed. I ended up returning it and jumped into a 1060 6gb and its a much better gpu (yes its more expensive) but the difference is night and day.
    Reply to aliasx
  9. Frankly, if you're going to play on a 1050Ti at high settings, it's obvious you won't be 'impressed'. It's a slightly budget GPU, and is meant for medium-ish settings. At medium, it will deliver 60 FPS in most games, and there's a budget to consider here. Try adding the GTX 1060 6 GB and see the price go over $800.
    Reply to Shektron
  10. From what I gathered @OP wasn't planning on doing much gaming, the 1050 Ti is there mainly for the extra VRAM and CUDA cores, but it can also handle titles at 1080p 60fps medium settings just fine.
    The 1060 is way overpriced atm.
    Reply to Chugalug_
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

windows 10 Education Build