Solved

Overclocking Amd Fx 6300 on Msi 970 gaming mobo with h60 Corsair (liquid) cooler

Overclocking Amd Fx 6300 on Msi 970 gaming mobo with h60 Corsair (liquid) cooler. Recently overclocked my cpu to 4.2 ghz but i get 62 celsius degrees with prime95 working. Is that ok? I would like to know if i can tweek some other bios settings to make this temperature lower cause i feel its to high.

Bios settings:
https://ibb.co/dSeKnk
https://ibb.co/jLyODQ
https://ibb.co/fmCTf5
Reply to BummerGamer
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about overclocking amd 6300 msi 970 gaming mobo h60 corsair liquid cooler
  1. Well you are doing a stress test. This is higher than normal loads. So of course it will jump up high. The real test comes into play when you play games or do some real-world work, not a synthetic test.
    Reply to Herc08
  2. Herc08 said:
    Well you are doing a stress test. This is higher than normal loads. So of course it will jump up high. The real test comes into play when you play games or do some real-world work, not a synthetic test.


    true, but i feel i am missing something. When i play games, I usually also record 1080 with shadowplay which makes my pc rly hot. Although it places this stress on the gpu the cpu also becomes really hot. It reaches 60 celsius degrees while playing games. Please check the pictures, and suggest how you can help me.
    Reply to BummerGamer
  3. Herc08 said:
    Well you are doing a stress test. This is higher than normal loads. So of course it will jump up high. The real test comes into play when you play games or do some real-world work, not a synthetic test.


    Did u check out the pics?
    Reply to BummerGamer
  4. BummerGamer said:
    Herc08 said:
    Well you are doing a stress test. This is higher than normal loads. So of course it will jump up high. The real test comes into play when you play games or do some real-world work, not a synthetic test.


    true, but i feel i am missing something. When i play games, I usually also record 1080 with shadowplay which makes my pc rly hot. Although it places this stress on the gpu the cpu also becomes really hot. It reaches 60 celsius degrees while playing games. Please check the pictures, and suggest how you can help me.


    Based off of this and the images, 60c is normal. In fact, that's pretty amazing. You should worry if you are in the 80s or 90s. Not to mention, it also depends on your room temp as well.
    Reply to Herc08
  5. Herc08 said:
    BummerGamer said:
    Herc08 said:
    Well you are doing a stress test. This is higher than normal loads. So of course it will jump up high. The real test comes into play when you play games or do some real-world work, not a synthetic test.


    true, but i feel i am missing something. When i play games, I usually also record 1080 with shadowplay which makes my pc rly hot. Although it places this stress on the gpu the cpu also becomes really hot. It reaches 60 celsius degrees while playing games. Please check the pictures, and suggest how you can help me.


    Based off of this and the images, 60c is normal. In fact, that's pretty amazing. You should worry if you are in the 80s or 90s. Not to mention, it also depends on your room temp as well.


    true, thanky you for all of this. The last question is: Are the nb settings correct? I did not switch them. And if prime 95 runs with no problems it means i am stable? Right? And if the overclock is done, what settings should i change (which settings should i make to disabled enabled or auto, from the specifications picture..
    Reply to BummerGamer
  6. Best answer
    There is only too many factors when it comes to overclocking. Don't just use Prime95, there is also ASUS RealBench and AIDA64. You want to get as many results as possible. Honestly, the true answer is to just do real-world testing with gaming, editing, or what have you. Prime95 has testing loads that your CPU may never see.

    For a better understanding, take a look at this great guide.
    BIOS Overclocking for Beginners
    Firstly, I wan't you to check if you have features in your BIOS that support overclocking, if no, I'll compose a different guide. If yes, continue below!!Right here we go!Here are a few key words you need to know:Base Clock: affects your CPU frequency,... Read More
    Reply to Herc08
  7. Herc08 said:
    There is only too many factors when it comes to overclocking. Don't just use Prime95, there is also ASUS RealBench and AIDA64. You want to get as many results as possible. Honestly, the true answer is to just do real-world testing with gaming, editing, or what have you. Prime95 has testing loads that your CPU may never see.

    For a better understanding, take a look at this great guide.



    Ok, will do but what settings should i change? like the specifications. Where can i find the default settings after overclocking is finished to make them as when the cpu came out.
    Reply to BummerGamer
  8. Should be F6 or something like that. You may want to read the manual.
    Reply to Herc08
  9. Herc08 said:
    Should be F6 or something like that. You may want to read the manual.


    thx
    Reply to BummerGamer
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Overclocking Gaming msi gaming 970 MSI-Microstar fx6300 970 4.2 AMD Cooling Corsair h60