Solved

Is the COOLER MASTER MASTERWATT LITE 700 a good PSU?

Hey there,
I need to upgrade my psu! is the COOLER MASTER MASTERWATT LITE 700 A good psu

Pc Specs:

CPU: AMD FX 8320
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 960
RAM: 8GB
PSU: Cooler master RS 460 PSAP-i3
Reply to TowerBrine
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cooler master masterwatt lite 700 good psu
  1. it's at least 80+, so there's that, but you don't need 700 watts for that build. you'd be fine with like 550.

    Google 'psu calculater' and plug your stuff in. that'll give a recommendation for wattage
    Reply to kaptainkuftic
  2. I can't find a reliable, detailed review unfortunately.

    If memory serves, when CM rebranded their PSUs (all to some version of the "Masterwatt" name), the Lite was essentially a rebrand of either the B V2. or Elite II lines........ so, IIRC then no, they wouldn't be 'good' PSUs.

    My memory may have failed me there though.

    What is your budget/location?

    Are the Corsair CX450 or CX550 available to you? Those should be more than sufficient.
    If you happen to be in the US, they'll set you back $45-$50
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Q7L7YJ/corsair-cx-2017-450w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020120-na
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FdRFf7/corsair-cx-2017-550w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020121-na
    Reply to Barty1884
  3. Barty1884 said:
    I can't find a reliable, detailed review unfortunately.

    If memory serves, when CM rebranded their PSUs (all to some version of the "Masterwatt" name), the Lite was essentially a rebrand of either the B V2. or Elite II lines........ so, IIRC then no, they wouldn't be 'good' PSUs.

    My memory may have failed me there though.

    What is your budget/location?

    Are the Corsair CX450 or CX550 available to you? Those should be more than sufficient.
    If you happen to be in the US, they'll set you back $45-$50
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Q7L7YJ/corsair-cx-2017-450w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020120-na
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FdRFf7/corsair-cx-2017-550w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020121-na


    Well as least as possible XD
    like under 70 Euros Location is Netherlands!
    Reply to TowerBrine
  4. kaptainkuftic said:
    it's at least 80+, so there's that, but you don't need 700 watts for that build. you'd be fine with like 550.

    Google 'psu calculater' and plug your stuff in. that'll give a recommendation for wattage


    I know :) but there only is a 700 500 or 400 but when i buy 500 there will go off like 20% so it will only be like 400 or so!
    So 700 i think was great and its only 60 Euros
    Reply to TowerBrine
  5. Not sure how shipping will be to the Netherlands, but Newegg have the G550 from Seasonic for 63EUR
    https://www.newegg.com/global/nl/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151119&cm_re=seasonic-_-17-151-119-_-Product

    And the CX550 from Corsair (2017 revision) for 41 EUR
    https://www.newegg.com/global/nl/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139202&cm_re=cx550-_-17-139-202-_-Product


    The SeaSonic G550 is 85EUR in the Netherlands (Rotterdam I believe)
    http://www.informatique.nl/111916/seasonic-g-series-550w.html

    And you appear to be limited to older platforms for reasonable prices:
    http://www.informatique.nl/110922/seasonic-s12ii-520w.html

    But should still be more than sufficient.
    Reply to Barty1884
  6. Best answer
    I know that unit, better have a fire extinguisher ready:)
    Reply to superninja12
  7. superninja12 said:
    I know that unit, better have a fire extinguisher ready:)


    HAHAH
    Reply to TowerBrine
  8. superninja12 said:
    I know that unit, better have a fire extinguisher ready:)


    Did your PSU got burned?
    Reply to Javier_8
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Cooler Master PSU