Solved

Looking to run gta 5 with low settings

Can I run GTA 5 on Intel graphic card and Intel Pentium dual core g2020 processor and 6Gb ddr3 ram
Reply to Gurpyar Singh
36 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about run gta low settings
  1. Gurpyar Singh said:
    Can I run GTA 5 on Intel graphic card and Intel Pentium dual core g2020 processor and 6Gb ddr3 ram


    Yes you should be fine, but don't expect to get over 40 frames if you're playing around 720p with low settings. I have a FX 6300 with a RX 460 2gb, and 4 GB of ram and run 2560x1080 at a smooth 75 frames constant.
    Reply to FnaticMeister
  2. It wont run very well, if at all on that system at likly any settings sorry to say, you are well below the recommended specs for the game. The above poster has dedicated a RX 460 GPU, which is vastly more powerful than the integrated graphics of an ivy bridge Pentium.
    Reply to Dunlop0078
  3. Dunlop0078 said:
    It wont run very well, if at all on that system at likly any settings sorry to say, you are well below the recommended specs for the game. The above poster has dedicated a RX 460 GPU, which is vastly more powerful than the integrated graphics of an ivy bridge Pentium.


    I've seen it done on some videos before with integrated pentium graphics. Since he has 6gb of ram, I think it'll be doable on low settings @ 720p.
    Reply to FnaticMeister
  4. Can you link one? I just dont see that happening, if it does run I would imagine it will be a stuttery mess at any settings. Maybe if you dropped it to some ridiculously low resolution. I have never tried that game on a cpu like that with only an iGPU nor have I seen it tried, so I cant say for sure.
    Reply to Dunlop0078
  5. Dunlop0078 said:
    Can you link one? I just dont see that happening, if it does run I would imagine it will be a stuttery mess at any settings. Maybe if you dropped it to some ridiculously low resolution. I have never tried that game on a cpu like that with only an iGPU nor have I seen it tried, so I cant say for sure.


    The pentium G3258 @ stock 3.2 ghz frequency with 6gb of ram and even 4 I've seen it play very well at 30 FPS @ 720p. It's better than not being able to play at all, right?
    Reply to FnaticMeister
  6. Unlikely. Just because some troll on youtube says it can be done doesnt make it true. I have tried on my laptop that has a 4th gen i5, 8gb of ram and the hd4400(better that op's listed specs) and the game does not run at a playable/enjoyable level even on the lowest settings.

    Those videos you see of low end systems running demanding games can easily be faked. I can stream GTA V from my desktop to my laptop using steam and it looks like its running great because my much faster desktop is what's actually running the game.
    Reply to bignastyid
  7. Gurpyar Singh said:
    Can I run GTA 5 on Intel graphic card and Intel Pentium dual core g2020 processor and 6Gb ddr3 ram


    You'll be lucky to get 30 fps at the lowest of the low settings.
    Reply to jaslion
  8. On an old Intel iGPU? Probably can't even hit 30 FPS at 1024x768.
    Reply to okcnaline
  9. FnaticMeister said:
    Gurpyar Singh said:
    Can I run GTA 5 on Intel graphic card and Intel Pentium dual core g2020 processor and 6Gb ddr3 ram


    Yes you should be fine, but don't expect to get over 40 frames if you're playing around 720p with low settings. I have a FX 6300 with a RX 460 2gb, and 4 GB of ram and run 2560x1080 at a smooth 75 frames constant.


    The igpu in that Pentium is about 15*slower than a 460. No way he is going to hit 30fps.
    Reply to jaslion
  10. okcnaline said:
    On an old Intel iGPU? Probably can't even hit 30 FPS at 1024x768.
    Reply to Gurpyar Singh
  11. Maybe I buy Nvidia graphic card
    Reply to Gurpyar Singh
  12. Gurpyar Singh said:
    Maybe I buy Nvidia graphic card


    In that case, maybe 720P.
    Reply to okcnaline
  13. okcnaline said:
    Gurpyar Singh said:
    Maybe I buy Nvidia graphic card


    In that case, maybe 720P.
    Reply to Gurpyar Singh
  14. okcnaline said:
    Gurpyar Singh said:
    Maybe I buy Nvidia graphic card


    In that case, maybe 720P.
    Reply to Gurpyar Singh
  15. Which graphic card is best for GTA 5
    Reply to Gurpyar Singh
  16. Gurpyar Singh said:
    Which graphic card is best for GTA 5


    Budget?
    Reply to okcnaline
  17. okcnaline said:
    Gurpyar Singh said:
    Which graphic card is best for GTA 5


    Budget?
    Reply to Gurpyar Singh
  18. Budget 30$to50$
    Reply to Gurpyar Singh
  19. Best answer
    Worst card I'm willing to recommend. $20 more and the RX 460 is a much better choice.
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/pr2kcf/gigabyte-video-card-gvr724oc2girev20
    Reply to okcnaline
  20. okcnaline said:
    Worst card I'm willing to recommend. $20 more and the RX 460 is a much better choice.
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/pr2kcf/gigabyte-video-card-gvr724oc2girev20
    I wouldn't even suggest the r7 240, that you linked. It's too expensive for such low performance. For $70 the GT 1030 gives around 3 times more performance of the 240. For $80 the RX 460 and RX 550 are also pretty good......then for an extra $30 you can get so much more again :)
    Reply to pete_101
  21. okcnaline said:
    Gurpyar Singh said:
    Which graphic card is best for GTA 5


    Budget?


    okcnaline said:
    Worst card I'm willing to recommend. $20 more and the RX 460 is a much better choice.
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/pr2kcf/gigabyte-video-card-gvr724oc2girev20
    Reply to Gurpyar Singh
  22. Thanks for your help friend
    Reply to Gurpyar Singh
  23. If you're buying new card only, I agree a 1030 is the lowest you should go. Yes something like a GT 730 DDR5 is less expensive and can run the game, but I would not suggest it.

    For one thing, you have a dual core. You need all the help a videocard can give you. Pairing a dual core with a 730 for GTA V would be a waste of money and you won't be happy. At least a 1030 will allow you to game at 1080p and get every frame per second you can squeeze out of your CPU.

    If you can't afford the 1030, then I'd suggest buying a used card. Something with 2gb DDR5 vram AND 128 bit bus AND does not require a 6 pin pci-ex connector, because I bet your power supply couldn't handle a card like that.
    Reply to dontlistentome
  24. dontlistentome said:
    If you're buying new card only, I agree a 1030 is the lowest you should go. Yes something like a GT 730 DDR5 is less expensive and can run the game, but I would not suggest it.

    For one thing, you have a dual core. You need all the help a videocard can give you. Pairing a dual core with a 730 for GTA V would be a waste of money and you won't be happy. At least a 1030 will allow you to game at 1080p and get every frame per second you can squeeze out of your CPU.

    If you can't afford the 1030, then I'd suggest buying a used card. Something with 2gb DDR5 vram AND 128 bit bus AND does not require a 6 pin pci-ex connector, because I bet your power supply couldn't handle a card like that.
    Reply to Gurpyar Singh
  25. MERGED QUESTION
    Question from Gurpyar Singh : "GTA 5 on low pc"

    Gurpyar Singh said:
    Hi guys my PC run watch dogs at low settings can it run gta 5


    constantine_99 said:
    should be able to, but just to be sure, can u give me ur spec


    Gurpyar Singh said:
    constantine_99 said:
    should be able to, but just to be sure, can u give me ur spec




    Gurpyar Singh said:
    My PC spec are- Intel dual core processor 2.9ghz,6Gb ddr3 ram 1Gb Intel graphic



    Gurpyar Singh said:
    My PC spec are- Intel dual core processor 2.9ghz,6Gb ddr3 ram 1Gb Intel graphic



    i would suggest u get a discrete graphic card instead, it's a heave burden for your intel since it was meant for light gaming. although i guess u should be able to run it.
    Reply to constantine_99
  26. Can Nvidia GEFORCE 710 2gb is good
    Reply to Gurpyar Singh
  27. Gurpyar Singh said:
    Can Nvidia GEFORCE 710 2gb is good
    NO. Don't look at the 2GB and think it's that same as other 2GB cards, the 710 is a very weak gpu.
    Reply to pete_101
  28. i rather wait for a little longer, then get a rx 460, if u can't wait too long, RX 550 is available for bout 10$ less
    Reply to constantine_99
  29. If you don't know if a gpu is any good or not, you can always look at Youtube and see how it performs. Just be sure to understand what resolution and settings they are using.
    Reply to pete_101
  30. So which GPU
    Reply to Gurpyar Singh
  31. You want something like a GT 1030, RX 460, RX 550. Yes, I know they cost more than you want to spend, but anything cheaper is a waste of money.
    Reply to pete_101
  32. Are these graphic card good for dual core processor
    Reply to Gurpyar Singh
  33. Gurpyar Singh said:
    Are these graphic card good for dual core processor
    Yes, they will work well with your g2020
    Reply to pete_101
  34. I seen many videos on YouTube GTA 5 working fine on Nvidia GEFORCE gt 710
    Reply to Gurpyar Singh
  35. Gurpyar Singh said:
    I seen many videos on YouTube GTA 5 working fine on Nvidia GEFORCE gt 710


    It can run GTA V. Doesn't mean it'll be good.
    Reply to okcnaline
  36. You can find videos of pigs flying on Youtube. But that doesn't mean they can. As I said earlier there are alot of bunk videos posted by trolls. For GTA V its doesnt matter if you had a 1080Ti that cpu is not going to run the game at a playable level the fps drops and stuttering will be bad.
    Reply to bignastyid
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Graphics Cards Intel