Solved

What are the safe voltages for an i5 6600k overclock at 4.1ghz?

I have an i5 6600k which I have overclocked to 4.1Ghz (turbo boost is 3.9) and have set the voltage to 1.25v, having run a couple of benchmarks and Cinebench getting around 675.
Temperatures are idling at 30 - 32 C and 45 - 56 C under load. I am using a corsair H75 120mm water cooler.
Would this be a safe OC in terms of the CPU still lasting for a long time?
Reply to Ljac95
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about safe voltages 6600k overclock 1ghz
  1. Absolutely.

    Make sure you stress test.

    Realbench, OCCT your temps will go up, I try to stay out of the high 80's while stress testing and under for everything else.
    Reply to biglizard
  2. You should keep your chip under 1.4v at most, also make sure to keep your temps under 70c at maximum. Basically, you are completely fine.

    A good thread for you: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2970985/safe-vcore-6600k-tips.html
    Reply to Xenocidle
  3. Xenocidle said:
    You should keep your chip under 1.4v at most, also make sure to keep your temps under 70c at maximum. Basically, you are completely fine.

    A good thread for you: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2970985/safe-vcore-6600k-tips.html


    OK cool, thanks for the advice since I'm completely new to this. How long would you suggest running a stress test for? Also (might sound dumb) does running a high end game on ultra with no issues work as a way of testing a stable overclock?
    Reply to Ljac95
  4. Best answer
    I ran mine at 4.2ghz by just raising the multiplier. i did not need to touch the voltage. Have you tried that? Oh and i never had a crash. The highest vcore i would see in cpuz or cpuid was 1.280. As I said ran stable.
    Reply to urbancamper
  5. Ljac95 said:
    Xenocidle said:
    You should keep your chip under 1.4v at most, also make sure to keep your temps under 70c at maximum. Basically, you are completely fine.

    A good thread for you: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2970985/safe-vcore-6600k-tips.html


    OK cool, thanks for the advice since I'm completely new to this. How long would you suggest running a stress test for? Also (might sound dumb) does running a high end game on ultra with no issues work as a way of testing a stable overclock?


    Yes
    Reply to Xenocidle
  6. urbancamper said:
    I ran mine at 4.2ghz by just raising the multiplier. i did not need to touch the voltage. Have you tried that? Oh and i never had a crash. The highest vcore i would see in cpuz or cpuid was 1.280. As I said ran stable.


    Ok might give that a go, as this is my first overclock I kinda assumed that on a cpu overclock you had to adjust the voltage.
    Reply to Ljac95
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Overclocking Intel i5 Turbo Boost CPUs