Solved

Gskill trident z rgb low speed?

I bought g skill trident z rgb 16 go 3200 MHz and am using the Ryzen 7 1700 with crosshair vi hero but my ram speeds are running at 2133 I have no idea what I'm doing, that's not normal right?
Reply to Miseryyyy
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gskill trident rgb low speed
  1. Did you change the XMP profile in the BIOS?
    Reply to envy14tpe
  2. envy14tpe said:
    Did you change the XMP profile in the BIOS?


    I have not touched anything in the bios yet, I'm not that experienced with diving into the bios and manually changing shit. Any suggestions or step by step would be a huge help if not ty for the help anyway!
    Reply to Miseryyyy
  3. Miseryyyy said:
    envy14tpe said:
    Did you change the XMP profile in the BIOS?


    I have not touched anything in the bios yet, I'm not that experienced with diving into the bios and manually changing shit. Any suggestions or step by step would be a huge help if not ty for the help anyway!


    I believe my G.Skill Trident Z 3000MHz was at 2133MHz at first. But if you go into the BIOS you'll see a setting to change the "XMP Profile". It is always different depending on mobo brand, but going into BIOS is easy and that is where you will fix it. Give it a shot. And report back.
    Reply to envy14tpe
  4. envy14tpe said:
    Miseryyyy said:
    envy14tpe said:
    Did you change the XMP profile in the BIOS?


    I have not touched anything in the bios yet, I'm not that experienced with diving into the bios and manually changing shit. Any suggestions or step by step would be a huge help if not ty for the help anyway!


    I believe my G.Skill Trident Z 3000MHz was at 2133MHz at first. But if you go into the BIOS you'll see a setting to change the "XMP Profile". It is always different depending on mobo brand, but going into BIOS is easy and that is where you will fix it. Give it a shot. And report back.


    I didn't see xmp profile but I saw some easy overclock setting and used it and comp was crashing so I had to restore defaults I wonder if I need to change the voltage or timings but i have never done that.

    I'm running the asus crosshair vi hero am4

    Ty again for he help
    Reply to Miseryyyy
  5. Best answer
    Have you updated your BIOS? The newest one for your mobo is 1002.

    Scroll down the page to the one with Memory Module : http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_crosshair_vi_hero_review,8.html
    Simply changing that should be enough. If not maybe try 2666MHz and wait for future mobo updates. You could play with timings and voltage but its not really worth it when it comes to RAM.
    Reply to envy14tpe
  6. envy14tpe said:
    Have you updated your BIOS? The newest one for your mobo is 1002.

    Scroll down the page to the one with Memory Module : http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_crosshair_vi_hero_review,8.html
    Simply changing that should be enough. If not maybe try 2666MHz and wait for future mobo updates. You could play with timings and voltage but its not really worth it when it comes to RAM.


    That was exactly it that worked! Tysm!
    Reply to Miseryyyy
  7. Miseryyyy said:
    envy14tpe said:
    Have you updated your BIOS? The newest one for your mobo is 1002.

    Scroll down the page to the one with Memory Module : http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_crosshair_vi_hero_review,8.html
    Simply changing that should be enough. If not maybe try 2666MHz and wait for future mobo updates. You could play with timings and voltage but its not really worth it when it comes to RAM.


    That was exactly it that worked! Tysm!


    Glad to have helped. Get familiar with the BIOS as it is the best place to change settings, especially if you overclock the CPU. For GPU, I always use MSI Afterburner (works for all brands of GPUs).
    Reply to envy14tpe
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

G.SKILL Trident Speed