Solved

Reversed (left/right) headset audio

I have bought a cheap headset and after i unboxed it i saw that they were with single jack only. I bought a splitter (Female to Dual Male) so i can use the microphone too. Okay it worked. But now the audio is reversed (left is right right is left)... If i unplug the splitter the audio works fine but then i have no microphone because the headset is with single 4 pin jack. Can i somehow solve this problem ? The headset is Genesis H12 http://genesis-zone.com/en/product/h12-gaming-headset/. :(
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about reversed left headset audio
  1. if you already determined that the splitter is the problem, well, get another splitter or see if you can invert audio channels on the sound card or in windows, never done this before, i would just return the splitter as the source of the problem, surely has inverted the cables for the channels
  2. If you're comfortable with electrical tools, you can rewire the splitter and reverse the headphone channels. That would correct the issue, but you'd need to buy a male 3.5mm TRS connector.

    Alternatively, you could simply cut the headphone portion of the splitter and solder the left channel's wire on the headphone side to the right channel's wire on the plug side, and vice-versa.
  3. atljsf said:
    if you already determined that the splitter is the problem, well, get another splitter or see if you can invert audio channels on the sound card or in windows, never done this before, i would just return the splitter as the source of the problem, surely has inverted the cables for the channels


    I can't find any other option than returning the cable to the source. Thank you for the fast reply!
  4. the nerd 389 said:
    If you're comfortable with electrical tools, you can rewire the splitter and reverse the headphone channels. That would correct the issue, but you'd need to buy a male 3.5mm TRS connector.

    Alternatively, you could simply cut the headphone portion of the splitter and solder the left channel's wire on the headphone side to the right channel's wire on the plug side, and vice-versa.


    I'm not good with the electrical tools thingy, so i guess i'm going to buy another splitter and try. Thank you for fast reply!
  5. Or just turn the headphones round the other way - - :lol:
  6. usually the mic gets pointed to the back of the head when you do this :D
  7. atljsf said:
    usually the mic gets pointed to the back of the head when you do this :D


    Yep. :D
  8. Maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years but I don't care what's Left or Right, or Left, if it's reversed how do I know other that from the configuration test? Is it mandatory that the bass section of an orchestra be on the left and not on the right? Is it mandatory that a plane fly-by must be from left to right and not the other way around? If nobody tell me my L+R are reversed I wouldn't be the wiser. Am saying, do I need to know? Go ahead, tell me I've been doing it wrong all these years! Am talking stereo of course, surround is a different animal.
  9. In my recording studio I want left/right to be correct, because when we mix we will want the drum kit to be panned in such a manner as the audience would hear the drums live. But for everything else, it shouldn't really matter, unless you are watching a movie and the sound is reversed from the picture (car approaching from left to right, but sound going right to left).
  10. jsmithepa said:
    Maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years but I don't care what's Left or Right, or Left, if it's reversed how do I know other that from the configuration test? Is it mandatory that the bass section of an orchestra be on the left and not on the right? Is it mandatory that a plane fly-by must be from left to right and not the other way around? If nobody tell me my L+R are reversed I wouldn't be the wiser. Am saying, do I need to know? Go ahead, tell me I've been doing it wrong all these years! Am talking stereo of course, surround is a different animal.


    For me it matters, because for example if i play CS:GO (as i do) it is very important to hear where the enemy is coming from (left or right) to be ready.
  11. Best answer
    of cpurse, music sometimes will make you care about left and right

    same for watching movies

    playing is vital to know if a monster/enemy is coming from the left or right

    you do need to have left on the lft and right on where it is supposed to be

    otherwise make everything mono and forget space orientation and audio quality
  12. https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/handy-software-for-reverse-stereo-in-windows.226167/

    If your on Windows you can use this software. This will also works for anyone preferring to wear them backwards.
  13. I've just found the same problem on my desktop speakers. Headsets correct when plugged into tower front panel, speakers correct, but headsets reversed if plugged into speakers. Pulled the PCB out of the speakers and on the amplifier board, chased the tracks. Left speaker input goes to left amp, but right headset jack pin. Going to cut tracks and swap the 'wiring'.... no other way to fix it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Microphone Audio Gaming Headsets