Solved

Will the EVGA GTX 1060 SuperClocked version be compatable with my motherboard?

ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M/USB3 (AM3R2). That is my motherboard, Will the Superclocked EVGA 1060 be compatable with it? Also will this only require one 6 plug from my psu?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about evga gtx 1060 superclocked version compatable motherboard
  1. Yeah that card only requires a 6pin connector from the PSU.

    Should be compatible with that motherboard, but you probably have a CPU on that board that will bottleneck the 1060.
  2. Yes it will work on that motherboard, and yes it will require a 6 pin power connector from your power supply. Also make sure your case can fit it.
  3. RobCrezz said:
    Yeah that card only requires a 6pin connector from the PSU.

    Should be compatible with that motherboard, but you probably have a CPU on that board that will bottleneck the 1060.


    Thank you for the reply! I currently have a fx 6300 installed, ive read on here on a few forums that the 1060 will not bottleneck, or at least not very much, do you agree? I am more looking for a GPU that I may be able to transfer to a new build somewhat soonish down the road, and have it still be good when I do.
  4. Ali Tauseef said:
    Yes it will work on that motherboard, and yes it will require a 6 pin power connector from your power supply. Also make sure your case can fit it.

    I have a mid sized gaming case, I'm pretty positive it will fit, currently I have the radeon HD 7700 with two fans and it looks bigger then the 1060 in pictures.

    DIYPC Solar-M1-R Black/Red SECC ATX Mid Tower USB 3.0 Gaming Computer Case w/ 2 x 120mm Red Fans ---that's my case, think it will fit? And also only one 6 pin connector right, I don't need to have 2 of em?
    Rosewill Green Series RG530-2 530W Continuous @40°C, 80 PLUS Certified,ATX12V v2.3 & EPS12V v2.91, SLI Ready,CrossFire Ready,Active PFC "Compatible with Core i7, i5" Power Supply---that is my PSU
  5. Best answer
    kohr40 said:
    RobCrezz said:
    Yeah that card only requires a 6pin connector from the PSU.

    Should be compatible with that motherboard, but you probably have a CPU on that board that will bottleneck the 1060.


    Thank you for the reply! I currently have a fx 6300 installed, ive read on here on a few forums that the 1060 will not bottleneck, or at least not very much, do you agree? I am more looking for a GPU that I may be able to transfer to a new build somewhat soonish down the road, and have it still be good when I do.


    Yeah it will bottleneck, but will still perform pretty well.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx EVGA USB3 Motherboards AsusTeK COMPUTER