Solved

Will my GPU bottleneck this CPU ? Please help

i got r9 390 sapphire nitro 8gb and wanna buy i7 7700k 4.2ghz my question is will the gpu will bottleneck this cpu?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gpu bottleneck cpu
  1. Yes, but a 7700K will get bottlenecked on anything that isn't a 1080TI.
  2. The GPU would be weaker than the 7700k, but its not a bottleneck. (The GPU isnt going to slow down the processor).
  3. koreanoverlord said:
    Yes, but a 7700K will get bottlenecked on anything that isn't a 1080TI.


    wiill an i5-7600K be ok?
  4. Gam3r01 said:
    The GPU would be weaker than the 7700k, but its not a bottleneck. (The GPU isnt going to slow down the processor).


    so u say i can buy this cpu and my fps and graphic wont hold back?
  5. Best answer
    The graphics card would be used to its full potential, you wouldnt need to worry about the processor (it would have plenty of headroom for heavily CPU heavy games and for upgrades)
  6. Gam3r01 said:
    The graphics card would be used to its full potential, you wouldnt need to worry about the processor (it would have plenty of headroom for heavily CPU heavy games and for upgrades)


    ty very much that exactly what i wanted to know the only reason i buy i7 and not i5 is for future upgrades
  7. since there is always going to be a bottleneck in a system... you want the gpu to be the bottlneck. that assures you get the most performance out of it.

    anyway, a 7600k would do well with a 390(i had a 6600k before upgrading to a 7700k) but an i7 does deliver more consistent fps/frametimes and games are starting to take advantage of the additional threads.
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Bottleneck Intel i7 CPUs Sapphire