Solved

Cant fit my NVME SSD 960 EVO on GA-AX370-Gaming K7

As the title say, I bought a samsung NVME 960 EVO M.2 and I have tryed to install it on my GA-AX370-Gaming K7 but i cant make it fit for some reason.... any one have any idea? I have tryed to install it from all angles XD.....
Reply to Simon_85
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about fit nvme ssd 960 evo ax370 gaming
  1. It should slide right in since the 960 evo is an M m.2 and the motherboard's socket is M key. Try fliping it up side down and sliding it in, just line he notches up and push (may require a bit of force).
    Reply to Rexper
  2. Best answer
    Simon_85 said:
    Rexper said:
    It should slide right in since the 960 evo is an M m.2 and the motherboard's socket is M key. Try fliping it up side down and sliding it in, just line he notches up and push (may require a bit of force).


    I cant flip it since there is only 1 way in with the cut in the card. I did apply some force as well with no success...


    Good, so it's the right way. Check of there's some material in the slot blocking it. Does the SSD go in a bit, or just not at all?
    Reply to Rexper
  3. Rexper said:
    Simon_85 said:
    Rexper said:
    It should slide right in since the 960 evo is an M m.2 and the motherboard's socket is M key. Try fliping it up side down and sliding it in, just line he notches up and push (may require a bit of force).


    I cant flip it since there is only 1 way in with the cut in the card. I did apply some force as well with no success...


    Good, so it's the right way. Check of there's some material in the slot blocking it. Does the SSD go in a bit, or just not at all?


    So it wasnt going anywhere...then it did...haha thanks. I guess i didnt push hard enough. It actually need quite a bit of force to get in there.... thanks for your help!
    Reply to Simon_85
  4. Simon_85 said:

    So it wasnt going anywhere...then it did...haha thanks. I guess i didnt push hard enough. It actually need quite a bit of force to get in there.... thanks for your help!



    Haha. It can be a bit worrying for first time m.2 users, who don't want the SSD to brake on them. A bit like ram. Glad you got it in! It was my pleasure to help :)
    Reply to Rexper
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Gaming Evo SSD