Solved

500 W PSU for i7 7700 (or r5 1600x) and gtx 1070

About a mounth ago I bought a 500w psu, at the time i thought that i will make my pc with an i7 7700 (non k) and a gtx 1060, but i changed my mind and i want to buy a gtx 1070. So i don't know if the psu is enough for this config. Also i'm not sure what cpu to buy, now that the r5 1600x is out ( i7 7700 or ryzen 5 1600x) its really difficult :). If someone has suggestions, please write them. Thank you in advance !
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 500 psu 7700 1600x gtx 1070
  1. A 500 watt power supply is not enough information. Some can put out 500 Watts and some would pop if you tried to pull 300 watts from them.
    Need the make and model number.
    For gaming stick with Intel.
  2. Zerk2012 said:
    A 500 watt power supply is not enough information. Some can put out 500 Watts and some would pop if you tried to pull 300 watts from them.
    Need the make and model number.
    For gaming stick with Intel.


    http://www.njoy.ro/PSU/titan500 , this is the psu that i have, i know its a brand you probably never heard of because it's romanian, but from the reviewes its a really good psu. And about the cpu, i will need it for rendering in 3ds max, cinema 4d and working 80% of the time, the other 20% or so i will be gaming.
  3. Best answer
    If you look at the 12 volt rail on that power supply you will see it's 372 watts (max combined output) nothing near 500. Their a bit misleading saying 500 watts as their adding up total watts instead of just the 12 volt rail.
    I would not use that PSU since your going to be rendering and stressing the PC.
    For the processor the extra cores should help.
  4. Yeah looks like you bought a crap PSU..
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Intel i7