i5-6600
Gigabyte 1070 windforce 8GB
MSI h110m
EVGA g2 550w
275gb Crucible SSD
1tb HDD
Deepcool Tesseract case
16GB hyperx DDR4 @ 2400mhz

sometimes when i play games like h1z1 or cs go im getting 100fps and on csgo i can get like 300+ if i dont cap it, but i have screen lag, tearing etc, and lately underload its been on 70 degrees when for the first 2 months BF1 on ultra 4k upscale would leave it at 62-64 degrees, i do not and have not overclocked it, and also i did a benchmark with it and it says its performing at 83% of what it should be, and the processor was rated for 77% (this is compared to avg user base with this same CPU/GPU) do anyone have any solutions, drivers are updated fully however i am on win 7 Ultimate full version but am going to update to win10 now
EDIT: also sometimes i suddenly get below 60 fps on games and sometimes alt tabbing fixes it other times it don't
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1070 running full potential
  1. Windows 7 Ultimate huh? Torrent special?
  2. Lol ^^^ Maybe your gpu is throttling not sure why. Try using After burner and lock your speed. First upgrade to windows 10 let us know how it goes. Should improve some stuff FPS wise
  3. Your system specs is adequate to run a 1070. I think it's software and not anything wrong with the card.

Screen tearing/lag not sure what monitor you have but you'll get this sort of stuff if you exceed the monitor's refresh rate.

The more graphic settings you give the gpu the more it works, the opposite (lowering graphic settings) will have it work less and off load work to the cpu, so work load % will vary a lot.

As for idle temps thats about normal 70c isn't to worry about. If you want it lower, consider improving case air flow or ambient temp in your room. Web browsers that use gpu acceleration will raise temps also.

Run an intensive game that is commonly listed as a game used for gpu review sites and look at the game settings used and compare this way. Use an fps monitor like fraps and play the game you're comparing for a bit to see. Can use 3Dmark firestrike or one of those tests to compare but keep in mind those who register their results are mostly heavily overclocked and that will improve gpu performance but not a drastic amount though.

Do a clean install and see how you go
  4. boju said:
    Your system specs is adequate to run a 1070. I think it's software and not anything wrong with the card.

Screen tearing/lag not sure what monitor you have but you'll get this sort of stuff if you exceed the monitor's refresh rate.

The more graphic settings you give the gpu the more it works, the opposite (lowering graphic settings) will have it work less and off load work to the cpu, so work load % will vary a lot.

As for idle temps thats about normal 70c isn't to worry about. If you want it lower, consider improving case air flow or ambient temp in your room. Web browsers that use gpu acceleration will raise temps also.

Run an intensive game that is commonly listed as a game used for gpu review sites and look at the game settings used and compare this way. Use an fps monitor like fraps and play the game you're comparing for a bit to see. Can use 3Dmark firestrike or one of those tests to compare but keep in mind those who register their results are mostly heavily overclocked and that will improve gpu performance but not a drastic amount though.

Do a clean install and see how you go

This is my monitor: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Monitors/VC239H/
    would a 144hz help?
    as of right now i upgraded to win 10 and double checked drivers and its up to date, im playing player unkown battlegrounf (i know its poorly optimized) i am getting 115 fps and having screen tearing, when i turn on vsync it fixes it but adds a huge delay, any suggestions? i will also add the games look and run smoother on win 10
  5. Best answer
    Higher refresh rate monitor will be more ideal for your card as is 1440p. 1080p is 'too easy work' for a gtx1070 and will find the gpu's usage will be low unless the games you're playing really maxes out 1080p, not sure about player unkown.

Could try dsr in nvidia control panel to upscale the res, will put more load on the gpu, it might improve things.

Try fast sync instead of vsync. But being a 60hz monitor not sure how useful it will be if you're constantly over 60hz most of the time. Try Msi afterburner to cap your fps to 60, lookup youtube on tutorials how to set it up.
  6. boju said:
    Higher refresh rate monitor will be more ideal for your card as is 1440p. 1080p is 'too easy work' for a gtx1070 and will find the gpu's usage will be low unless the games you're playing really maxes out 1080p, not sure about player unkown.

Could try dsr in nvidia control panel to upscale the res, will put more load on the gpu, it might improve things.

Try fast sync instead of vsync. But being a 60hz monitor not sure how useful it will be if you're constantly over 60hz most of the time. Try Msi afterburner to cap your fps to 60, lookup youtube on tutorials how to set it up.

after upgrading to windows 10 and changing some control panel settings my whole pc is running much better, simply from going from win 7 to win 10 and updating everything has made my pc on user benchmark from everything benchmarking between 70-80% and a 74% rating overall, now running the same test everything is 90%+ and my overall rating is 94% and everything is performing above expectations, win7 was great but gotta move on sometime, thanks for the help
  7. Glad to help. Win 10 is a good os and will eventually be a must for newer tech and dx12 but at this time win 7 is still capable. Something obviously went wrong with your system software and just coincidentally a reinstall was an resoltuion and would have been the same for win 7 reinstall as well.
Ask a new question