Solved

My 1060 isnt running at full potential

Hey guys, I finished building my first ever PC 3 days ago and everything works great. Here are my specs:

Intel core i5 4440 @ 3,10ghz
8GB Kingstion HyperX Fury 1600Mhz (1 x 8GB)
Galax Geforce GTX 1060 EXOC 6GB GDDR5
Asus B85M-Gamer Motherboard
320GB HDD
Superflower 650W psu

I installed GTA 4 on the PC and Im concerned about some things. I can run the game on high(for all settings) + Vsinc ON.

During gameplay I monitor temps and speeds with MSI Afterburner. The FPS isnt that stable and jumps from about 52.5fps to minimum 28fps. it doesnt go above 60.

I want to get more out of my GPU as it only runs at about 28% and the CPU at about 89%. What can I do to improve my GPU performance to get a stable +-60fps??

What to do? Thanks
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1060 isnt running full potential
  1. GTA 4 is a terribly optimised game so I'm sure it has nothing to do with your PC.
  2. Jasonsteyn1 said:
    Hey guys, I finished building my first ever PC 3 days ago and everything works great. Here are my specs:

Intel core i5 4440 @ 3,10ghz
    8GB Kingstion HyperX Fury 1600Mhz (1 x 8GB)
    Galax Geforce GTX 1060 EXOC 6GB GDDR5
    Asus B85M-Gamer Motherboard
    320GB HDD
    Superflower 650W psu

I installed GTA 4 on the PC and Im concerned about some things. I can run the game on high(for all settings) + Vsinc ON.

During gameplay I monitor temps and speeds with MSI Afterburner. The FPS isnt that stable and jumps from about 52.5fps to minimum 28fps. it doesnt go above 60.

I want to get more out of my GPU as it only runs at about 28% and the CPU at about 89%. What can I do to improve my GPU performance to get a stable +-60fps??

What to do? Thanks

If your GPU is only sitting at 28% then you are most probably looking at the CPU holding it back, which will be a result of poor optimisation in all likelihood.
  3. Poor optimizing of my CPU or of GTA 4?
  4. Best answer
    Check Vsync option in the graphics, If it is On then try to play on Off.
Ask a new question

Read More

GTX 1060 FPS Homebuilt