Gigabyte G1 Gaming RX 480 8GB vs Zotac GTX 1060 AMP Edition 6GB

Guys which one of this GPU is better. They are both around the same price in country. I won't be upgrading for a while so i have to pick which one is better.
8 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte gaming 480 8gb zotac gtx 1060 amp edition 6gb
  1. Both are fairly equal to be honest. Dx11 performance seems to be better on the 1060, Dx12 performance was a bit better on the 480, but with Nvidias recent Dx12 driver optimizations its closed the gap some more.

    I choose the 1060 personally, but either card is good.
  2. I think the 1060 still pulls ahead by a bit in today's games on average, but overall performance is pretty similar between the two.

    To make a decision, I'd look at: performance in specific games you play (e.g. I think 1060 performs noticeably better in GTA V), power consumption (importance depends on your PSU wattage and how much you pay for electricity), Free-sync vs G-sync preference, etc.
  3. TJ Hooker said:
    I think the 1060 still pulls ahead by a bit in today's games on average, but overall performance is pretty similar between the two.

    To make a decision, I'd look at: performance in specific games you play (e.g. I think 1060 performs noticeably better in GTA V), power consumption (importance depends on your PSU wattage and how much you pay for electricity), Free-sync vs G-sync preference, etc.


    Does the zotac GTX 1060 run hot or is it ok? Also i have another gtx 1060 option. The GTX 1060 MSI 6GT OC.
  4. WambuCombu21 said:
    TJ Hooker said:
    I think the 1060 still pulls ahead by a bit in today's games on average, but overall performance is pretty similar between the two.

    To make a decision, I'd look at: performance in specific games you play (e.g. I think 1060 performs noticeably better in GTA V), power consumption (importance depends on your PSU wattage and how much you pay for electricity), Free-sync vs G-sync preference, etc.


    Does the zotac GTX 1060 run hot or is it ok? Also i have another gtx 1060 option. The GTX 1060 MSI 6GT OC.


    Its quite hot running for a 1060, but you can solve that by running a more aggressive fan curve. The MSI GT is their basic cooler model.
  5. RobCrezz said:
    WambuCombu21 said:
    TJ Hooker said:
    I think the 1060 still pulls ahead by a bit in today's games on average, but overall performance is pretty similar between the two.

    To make a decision, I'd look at: performance in specific games you play (e.g. I think 1060 performs noticeably better in GTA V), power consumption (importance depends on your PSU wattage and how much you pay for electricity), Free-sync vs G-sync preference, etc.


    Does the zotac GTX 1060 run hot or is it ok? Also i have another gtx 1060 option. The GTX 1060 MSI 6GT OC.


    Its quite hot running for a 1060, but you can solve that by running a more aggressive fan curve. The MSI GT is their basic cooler model.


    So do you think the MSI version is better? It's 10 dollars cheaper in my country as well so.
  6. WambuCombu21 said:
    RobCrezz said:
    WambuCombu21 said:
    TJ Hooker said:
    I think the 1060 still pulls ahead by a bit in today's games on average, but overall performance is pretty similar between the two.

    To make a decision, I'd look at: performance in specific games you play (e.g. I think 1060 performs noticeably better in GTA V), power consumption (importance depends on your PSU wattage and how much you pay for electricity), Free-sync vs G-sync preference, etc.


    Does the zotac GTX 1060 run hot or is it ok? Also i have another gtx 1060 option. The GTX 1060 MSI 6GT OC.


    Its quite hot running for a 1060, but you can solve that by running a more aggressive fan curve. The MSI GT is their basic cooler model.


    So do you think the MSI version is better? It's 10 dollars cheaper in my country as well so.


    Its probably not as good cooler as the Zotac AMP. Do they sell the MSI Armor or GamingX versions?
  7. RobCrezz said:
    WambuCombu21 said:
    RobCrezz said:
    WambuCombu21 said:
    TJ Hooker said:
    I think the 1060 still pulls ahead by a bit in today's games on average, but overall performance is pretty similar between the two.

    To make a decision, I'd look at: performance in specific games you play (e.g. I think 1060 performs noticeably better in GTA V), power consumption (importance depends on your PSU wattage and how much you pay for electricity), Free-sync vs G-sync preference, etc.


    Does the zotac GTX 1060 run hot or is it ok? Also i have another gtx 1060 option. The GTX 1060 MSI 6GT OC.


    Its quite hot running for a 1060, but you can solve that by running a more aggressive fan curve. The MSI GT is their basic cooler model.


    So do you think the MSI version is better? It's 10 dollars cheaper in my country as well so.


    Its probably not as good cooler as the Zotac AMP. Do they sell the MSI Armor or GamingX versions?


    Ya plus 20 dollars. That puts me over my budget. I have an extra 5 bucks i don't need in my build. And if i go for the 450B that's minus 5 again so i can go for the AMP Edition. So i really can't go for that one.
  8. I would go for the Zotac AMP version then.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics RX 480 GTX 1060