Solved

Help choosing cooler (i7 7700k goal: 5ghz)

I have 3 cpu coolers in mind and I want your opinion on what bring my i7 7700k to 5ghz on safe temps while buying the cooler worth the money to do this (obv the one with the highest price tends to be better but the question here is which one really is worth it and can it bring 5ghz to me safely)
options:
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/gc8Zxr/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc12dxbk

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/hmtCmG/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212e20pkr2

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/4vzv6h/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd15

If there is a better option which is less then 100$cdn you may suggest that cooler!
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about choosing cooler 7700k goal 5ghz
  1. What case do you have?
  2. SgtScream said:
    What case do you have?


    Planning on this one https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/GmGj4D/deepcool-case-kendomenred
  3. Lan_man2273 said:
    SgtScream said:
    What case do you have?


    Planning on this one https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/GmGj4D/deepcool-case-kendomenred


    Max cpu cooler height for your case is 160mm. I'd suggest investing money into a good noctua or cryorig cooler. The cryorig r1 universal will pretty much guarantee you ram clearance. It would be a wise choice for your $350 dollar 7700k.
  4. SgtScream said:
    Lan_man2273 said:
    SgtScream said:
    What case do you have?


    Planning on this one https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/GmGj4D/deepcool-case-kendomenred


    Max cpu cooler height for your case is 160mm. I'd suggest investing money into a good noctua or cryorig cooler. The cryorig r1 universal will pretty much guarantee you ram clearance. It would be a wise choice for your $350 dollar 7700k.


    Thats $196 cdn on amazon.ca which I find to be too much for the build I have I would wish for the cooler to be less than $100 cdn.
  5. Lan_man2273 said:
    SgtScream said:
    Lan_man2273 said:
    SgtScream said:
    What case do you have?


    Planning on this one https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/GmGj4D/deepcool-case-kendomenred


    Max cpu cooler height for your case is 160mm. I'd suggest investing money into a good noctua or cryorig cooler. The cryorig r1 universal will pretty much guarantee you ram clearance. It would be a wise choice for your $350 dollar 7700k.


    Thats $196 cdn on amazon.ca which I find to be too much for the build I have I would wish for the cooler to be less than $100 cdn.


    List some coolers by cryorig and noctua that you can afford. I'll let you know if they can adequately dissipate heat from your overclocked intel core i7 7700k.
  6. Best answer
Ask a new question

Read More

212 evo Cooler Master All-in-One PCs Intel i7 Intel Gaming Noctua CPUs kaby lake 7700k Hyper master Cooling Gaming PCs nhd15 safe temps options 5ghz