Solved

Screen Tearing with Vsync and Triple buffering enabled

I have a Samsung S32D850 monitor and a Geforce GTX 645 video card and I have been experiencing screen tear when watching videos, scrolling on web pages, and playing games. I have enabled Vsync and Triple buffering in the global settings on my video card control panel and my card's drivers are up to date. I am not very tech literate, but I can try to provide any more info that is needed.

Edit: Im using an HDMI cable and I used this Monitor on another pc and there was no screen tearing. When I used a lower resolution monitor on the same pc there was no screen tearing.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about screen tearing vsync triple buffering enabled
  1. What OS and version are you using? Screen tearing at the desktop is not something V-sync and Triple buffering affects.
  2. bystander said:
    What OS and version are you using? Screen tearing at the desktop is not something V-sync and Triple buffering affects.


    Windows 10. It only screen tears when I am watching videos, scrolling on a web page, or playing a game
  3. Could you video it with your phone or other camera? I wonder if it is tearing, or some sort of signal issue. You might try another cable while you are at it. A bad cable can cause things that look like tearing.
  4. bystander said:
    Could you video it with your phone or other camera? I wonder if it is tearing, or some sort of signal issue. You might try another cable while you are at it. A bad cable can cause things that look like tearing.


    I wasnt sure how to post the video on this forum so I uploaded it to vidme http://vid.me/Rtcd

    There is a diagonal line across the center of the screen that I thought was screen tearing
  5. Best answer
    When I scroll, I also get a little bit of tearing, but with a 120hz monitor, it's less noticeable. That's normal I believe, but it shouldn't happen with video, and with gaming, v-sync fixes it.
  6. bystander said:
    When I scroll, I also get a little bit of tearing, but with a 120hz monitor, it's less noticeable. That's normal I believe, but it shouldn't happen with video, and with gaming, v-sync fixes it.


    I reinstalled my gpu drivers and that seemed to cut down on the screen tearing some. So a little bit of screen tearing is inevitable with my current 60hz monitor? Should I enable global v-sync or only use v-sync within the program I am using at the time?
  7. V-sync is either on or not. It doesn't really matter if it is on in both locations. Sometimes the game will not recognize the Nvidia Control Panel settings, so it's required to use the in game settings. Just know that those settings only affect games, not the at desktop, nor in videos.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Graphics Cards Monitors Geforce Samsung