Screen going black for a few seconds then coming back.

I overclocked my cpu to 4.5 ghz (i5 6600k) 1.280 voltage.

Tried running ITB 20 TTR. Stress level: Very high. Screen went black for a few seconds then came back, happened like 8-12 times.

Should I try and raise the voltage?
Reply to smdtbh
10 answers Last reply
More about screen black seconds coming back
  1. Weird mine does that when drivers crash for video card if i was Overclocking it to high. usually u get blue screen if theres not enough voltage or straight shuts off.
    Reply to burtman88
  2. How do you have your monitor connected to your graphics card?
    Reply to SgtScream
  3. SgtScream said:
    How do you have your monitor connected to your graphics card?


    Hdmi
    Reply to smdtbh
  4. burtman88 said:
    Weird mine does that when drivers crash for video card if i was Overclocking it to high. usually u get blue screen if theres not enough voltage or straight shuts off.


    It came out as stable
    Reply to smdtbh
  5. So weird maybe a bad hdmi wire which is easily possible. Doesn't make sense that you CPU would cause screen to be blank.
    Reply to burtman88
  6. burtman88 said:
    So weird maybe a bad hdmi wire which is easily possible. Doesn't make sense that you CPU would cause screen to be blank.


    I tried running aida64 for 8 hours, no errors, reboot or anything, but my pc is just weird now, cant open any steam games screen gets stuck after the valve logo (css and csgo) I tried opening uplay to try and run a different game. Uplay crashed on startup then opened after 20 sec. My google chrome wont open either the logo is just a blank sheet of paper. Do u think I need more voltage

    Update: The Division runs just fine.

    Update 2: Everything seems to be ok now, maybe it overloaded the cpu?
    Reply to smdtbh
  7. I get the same black screen (the drivers crash) on the other PC here. On that the drivers are the prob

    I cant install later video drivers. because thats what causes it.

    If I use the ASUS drivers from the ASUS site, it's fine. It never crashes.

    And I dont OC anything
    Reply to Paul NZ
  8. smdtbh said:
    I overclocked my cpu to 4.5 ghz (i5 6600k) 1.280 voltage.

    Tried running ITB 20 TTR. Stress level: Very high. Screen went black for a few seconds then came back, happened like 8-12 times.

    Should I try and raise the voltage?


    Had a similar problem, fixed it by turning off hardware acceleration in my browser, worth a try.
    Reply to turnoffhardwareaccel
  9. I had same problem but i fixed it using gpu setting. I'm having Nvidia Gtx Graphic card.Just Go to control Panel > Nvidia Control Panel>3d Settings> then go to Power Management Mode >Change it to Prefer Maximum Performance. It Worked for me.
    Reply to roobal123
  10. I'm having a similar issue. How do you turn off hardware accelerator? It doesn't seem to be available on Windows 10 and looking on my AMD driver options I can't find where to do it?
    Reply to droopy316
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Overclocking CPUs Intel i5