Solved

Bios detects HDD but wont boot windows 7 & also i cant reinstall windows through usb

I was removing my motherboard so i had to remove all the cables sata, power supply etc. When i was finished i put all the cables back in place but when i try to boot up the os (windows 7), it got stuck to flickering symbol or underscore "_" on black screen for so many times. To solve this issue by repairing windows, i install windows7 boot file to usb. But when it displays "press any key to booy from USB", i pressed but nothing happens. The whole system restarts and i cannot get pass that message. Please help
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about bios detects hdd wont boot windows reinstall windows usb
  1. Hi Paribesh.

    Since you've disassembled your computer, I'd recommend that you check all the connections again and make sure that all the cables have been properly seated and that everything is as it should be. If you're still having issues after that, try the drive with a different computer, to see if it's recognized properly. If it is, go ahead and download its manufacturer's diagnostic tool and run the tests, to see if there's anything out of the ordinary.
    You could also try to reset and/or update your BIOS/UEFI and see if that fixes things up.

    Please let me know how it goes.
    Boogieman_WD
  2. Boogieman_WD said:
    Hi Paribesh.

    Since you've disassembled your computer, I'd recommend that you check all the connections again and make sure that all the cables have been properly seated and that everything is as it should be. If you're still having issues after that, try the drive with a different computer, to see if it's recognized properly. If it is, go ahead and download its manufacturer's diagnostic tool and run the tests, to see if there's anything out of the ordinary.
    You could also try to reset and/or update your BIOS/UEFI and see if that fixes things up.

    Please let me know how it goes.
    Boogieman_WD


    Thanks for the reply. All the connections were in the right place and i had done it by viewing my motherboards manual. My problem got solved automatically. Yesterday, I tried to put the SATA cable to next port, it was not booting up. Then when I turned on my PC the next day, it booted up the windows automatically. The problem was solved automatically.
  3. Best answer
    MERGED QUESTION
    Question from Paribesh : "Bios detects harddrive but wont boot into windows & also cant reinstall or repair windows through usb or dvd"

    Paribesh said:
    I was removing my motherboard so i had to remove all the cables sata, power supply etc. When i was finished i put all the cables back in place but when i try to boot up the os (windows 7), it got stuck to flickering cursor in the top left corner which is like "_" on black screen, for so many times. To solve this issue by repairing windows, i install windows7 boot file to usb. But when it displays "press any key to boot from USB", i pressed but nothing happens. The whole system restarts and i cannot get pass that message. Please help




    AsadP2012 said:
    Try your keyboard in another port.

    Check your BIOS and see if it's initialising your USB devices otherwise you won't be able to use them at POST.


    Paribesh said:
    @AsadP2012 Thanks for the reply. My BIOS detects the keyboard perfectly. I dont know what the problem was but it got solved automatically.
    Yesterday, I tried to put the SATA cable to next port, it was not booting up. Then when I turned on my PC the next day, it booted up the windows automatically.


    Paribesh said:
    @AsadP2012 Thanks for the reply. My BIOS detects the keyboard perfectly. I dont know what the problem was but it got solved automatically.
    Yesterday, I tried to put the SATA cable to next port, it was not booting up. Then when I turned on my PC the next day, it booted up the windows automatically.


    Maybe it was your boot priority when you changed the port.

    It didn't know it was the next port so it defaulted it as the previous port.

    Glad it works :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Storage Hard Drives