Solved

Won't let me download Windows off DVD.

I built my computer yesterday and it was all working but I can't seem to get it to download Windows off the DVD. Is there a way to make BIOS recognize the DVD to then download it?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about download windows dvd
  1. lariley00 said:
    I built my computer yesterday and it was all working but I can't seem to get it to download Windows off the DVD. Is there a way to make BIOS recognize the DVD to then download it?


    1. Where did the DVD come from?
    2. Is the DVD drive actually connected?
    3. Is the DVD drive in the BIOS boot order?

    And the word is install, not download.
  2. USAFRet said:
    lariley00 said:
    I built my computer yesterday and it was all working but I can't seem to get it to download Windows off the DVD. Is there a way to make BIOS recognize the DVD to then download it?


    1. Where did the DVD come from?
    2. Is the DVD drive actually connected?
    3. Is the DVD drive in the BIOS boot order?

    And the word is install, not download.


    I bought the DVD, the drive is connected and the boot order has CD/DVD as the first in the list of priority.
  3. lariley00 said:
    USAFRet said:
    lariley00 said:
    I built my computer yesterday and it was all working but I can't seem to get it to download Windows off the DVD. Is there a way to make BIOS recognize the DVD to then download it?


    1. Where did the DVD come from?
    2. Is the DVD drive actually connected?
    3. Is the DVD drive in the BIOS boot order?

    And the word is install, not download.


    I bought the DVD, the drive is connected and the boot order has CD/DVD as the first in the list of priority.


    So what onscreen message do you get when you power on?
  4. It says "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". The DVD is in the drive.
  5. lariley00 said:
    It says "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". The DVD is in the drive.


    Then either the DVD is defective, the drive is not connected properly, or the drive is faulty.
  6. Best answer
    *** As soon as you turn on computer you have to tap F12 Key to get to the select boot options menu. You may have to go into CMOS to select those options as the 1st boot so it doesn't go directly to HDD boot as well as to select to allow it. Better off with a USB 8gb flash drive as cd gets dirty and scratcheD but then you may need a bootloader.you could copy that iso (bootable cd) onto the Flash drive then.
    If the inner circle or outer edge are damaged it won't read. Your cd may not be able read dis and could be cd drive itself check connections.. Again F12 Key on startup keep tapping it until it gives you menu. Maybe try usb keyboard. ..
Ask a new question

Read More

Download DVD Windows Systems