Graphics card doesn't fit

So I have a pc from PCWORLD, A tc-220. And I have currently added a 850 watt power supply, but the R9 290 I wanted to put in basically won't fit, due to the motherboard design and the placement of the hard drive and other components. So is it worth getting a mini graphics card, like the 1050 TI or R9 nano instead, or should I use an older motherboard?
6 answers Last reply
More about graphics card fit
  1. you should definitly Get the best components of that PC like your 850W power Supply and the R9 290 And ditch the rest of your pc (sale it) . Then purchase a new case and new mobo & cpu. Thats the most optimal descision.
    Othertwise you will be stuck at only purchasing mini cards and you will get less performance and less life span cause of the heat of reduced case space.
  2. Just cut your case open with a chainsaw....
  3. Ramlethal said:
    you should definitly Get the best components of that PC like your 850W power Supply and the R9 290 And ditch the rest of your pc (sale it) . Then purchase a new case and new mobo & cpu. Thats the most optimal descision.
    Othertwise you will be stuck at only purchasing mini cards and you will get less performance and less life span cause of the heat of reduced case space.


    Thanks but I would be unable to sell the PC due to complicating things. Is there anything else I can do? Because if I was to sell the PC, all that would go would be the motherboard and cpu and case. And I don't think that would be buyable.
  4. babsmeme said:
    Ramlethal said:
    you should definitly Get the best components of that PC like your 850W power Supply and the R9 290 And ditch the rest of your pc (sale it) . Then purchase a new case and new mobo & cpu. Thats the most optimal descision.
    Othertwise you will be stuck at only purchasing mini cards and you will get less performance and less life span cause of the heat of reduced case space.


    Thanks but I would be unable to sell the PC due to complicating things. Is there anything else I can do? Because if I was to sell the PC, all that would go would be the motherboard and cpu and case. And I don't think that would be buyable.


    there is no much to do then...
    Or... Cut it with a chainsaw :LOL:
  5. Ramlethal said:
    babsmeme said:
    Ramlethal said:
    you should definitly Get the best components of that PC like your 850W power Supply and the R9 290 And ditch the rest of your pc (sale it) . Then purchase a new case and new mobo & cpu. Thats the most optimal descision.
    Othertwise you will be stuck at only purchasing mini cards and you will get less performance and less life span cause of the heat of reduced case space.


    Thanks but I would be unable to sell the PC due to complicating things. Is there anything else I can do? Because if I was to sell the PC, all that would go would be the motherboard and cpu and case. And I don't think that would be buyable.


    there is no much to do then...
    Or... Cut it with a chainsaw :LOL:


    :lol:
    Ok so I could sell my TC-220 motherboard, A10 7800 processor and a corsair 600 watt power supply. What motherboard plus cpu do you think I could get for all the stuff I've sold?
  6. babsmeme said:
    Ramlethal said:
    babsmeme said:
    Ramlethal said:
    you should definitly Get the best components of that PC like your 850W power Supply and the R9 290 And ditch the rest of your pc (sale it) . Then purchase a new case and new mobo & cpu. Thats the most optimal descision.
    Othertwise you will be stuck at only purchasing mini cards and you will get less performance and less life span cause of the heat of reduced case space.


    Thanks but I would be unable to sell the PC due to complicating things. Is there anything else I can do? Because if I was to sell the PC, all that would go would be the motherboard and cpu and case. And I don't think that would be buyable.


    there is no much to do then...
    Or... Cut it with a chainsaw :LOL:


    :lol:
    Ok so I could sell my TC-220 motherboard, A10 7800 processor and a corsair 600 watt power supply. What motherboard plus cpu do you think I could get for all the stuff I've sold?



    Phantom 410 is a very cheap case of 100 USD and it has enough space for your components...
    As for the motherboard you never specify the Socket you using so i cant really tell you with so little information...
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Graphics Cards Motherboards