Solved

Making a new gaming rig please help

Hi guys,

I want to buy a new gaming RIG.

I wanted to wait for AMD s zen processor but i am getting a new i5 6600k and asus z170 pro for around RS.25000( 400 $)

So

Processor:I5 6600k
MoBO:Asus z170 pro gaming 3
GPU:1070gtx/1060/970/1050ti
Ram 16 GB:2400 RPM DDR4
Cabinet:Thermaltake versa n21
PSU:Corsair VS650 650 Watt PSU
HDD:1TB 7200 rpm
SDD:240GB

So as i do not play games in ultra or 4k...Which GPU i should opt for?
Is the configuration good?
I may play VR games in future


Please suggest me guys
Thank you
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about making gaming rig
  1. I would go for the gtx 1060 as you do not want 4k. With the 1060 you will definitely be able to play games on ultra. You could also think about the rx 470 from amd.
  2. Best answer
    For Playing On Ultra Hd ( 4k ) With Very High Settings In Games U Need To Afford 1070 Or 1080

    But Since U Dont Want That So Go For 1060 And U are Ok

    Overclocked i5 6600k Require A Z Series Mobo So U Have It :) Enjoy

    Ur Build Is Very Good . Have A Fast 7200Rpm Hdd + Good Ssd + A 650 Wattage Psu Which Is From A Good Brand And Reliable And Will Support Ur Wattage Usage :)

    Just Remember That If U Wanna Reach A Higher Speed Of 2133 Mhz Of Any Memory U Need To Activate The Xmp Profile IN the Bios Setup To Run In 2400Mhz Speed :)

    And The Case Can Hold All OF The Components I mean It Will Fit In Ur Case :)

    Well If U Wanna Use A Overclocked Cpu Specially For Running Games U Need A Better Cooling System Than The Stock Fan Because IN oc Mode Maybe OverHeat Makes Issues

    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4Qhj4D/arctic-liquid-freezer-360-740-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-acfre00022a

    Want Cheaper With Another Type ? Here :

    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6qs8TW/deepcool-cpu-cooler-captain360


    Or Cheaper :

    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vCL7YJ/deepcool-cpu-cooler-assassinii

    Or Cheapest :

    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FNXfrH/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rrht228pkr1

    Regards :)
  3. That VS PSU is very low quality, you need to change it. It's under tier 4 here "not for gaming rigs" http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

    For gaming on a 1080p 60Hz monitor the 1060 is perfect but if you want to go VR later you will be much better off with the 1070, you need the extra gpu power.
  4. sizzling said:
    That VS PSU is very low quality, you need to change it. It's under tier 4 here "not for gaming rigs" http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

    For gaming on a 1080p 60Hz monitor the 1060 is perfect but if you want to go VR later you will be much better off with the 1070, you need the extra gpu power.


    Thank you for your answers guys...So i should change this PSU?which one should i buy ?can you guys suggest me a PSU?
  5. khashayar2000 said:
    For Playing On Ultra Hd ( 4k ) With Very High Settings In Games U Need To Afford 1070 Or 1080

    But Since U Dont Want That So Go For 1060 And U are Ok

    Overclocked i5 6600k Require A Z Series Mobo So U Have It :) Enjoy

    Ur Build Is Very Good . Have A Fast 7200Rpm Hdd + Good Ssd + A 650 Wattage Psu Which Is From A Good Brand And Reliable And Will Support Ur Wattage Usage :)

    Just Remember That If U Wanna Reach A Higher Speed Of 2133 Mhz Of Any Memory U Need To Activate The Xmp Profile IN the Bios Setup To Run In 2400Mhz Speed :)

    And The Case Can Hold All OF The Components I mean It Will Fit In Ur Case :)

    Well If U Wanna Use A Overclocked Cpu Specially For Running Games U Need A Better Cooling System Than The Stock Fan Because IN oc Mode Maybe OverHeat Makes Issues

    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4Qhj4D/arctic-liquid-freezer-360-740-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-acfre00022a

    Want Cheaper With Another Type ? Here :

    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6qs8TW/deepcool-cpu-cooler-captain360


    Or Cheaper :

    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vCL7YJ/deepcool-cpu-cooler-assassinii

    Or Cheapest :

    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FNXfrH/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rrht228pkr1

    Regards :)


    Thank you for your in depth answer...will this GPU support VR properly?and should i opt for 3GB or 6Gb variant of 1060?and what about the PSU? is the corsiar VS650 W a good option?
  6. narutoluffy1 said:
    sizzling said:
    That VS PSU is very low quality, you need to change it. It's under tier 4 here "not for gaming rigs" http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

    For gaming on a 1080p 60Hz monitor the 1060 is perfect but if you want to go VR later you will be much better off with the 1070, you need the extra gpu power.


    Thank you for your answers guys...So i should change this PSU?which one should i buy ?can you guys suggest me a PSU?


    Seasonic, XFX and the higher end Corsairs are favourites. Depends what is on offer near you. That list I linked has most of the modern models.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Power Supplies Processors Intel i5 Virtual Reality AMD Homebuilt Build Asus GPUs Intel