Solved

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G Compatible?

Hi,

Is my
GA-X58A-UD3R
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3449#ov
Compatible with MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about msi geforce gtx 1070 gaming compatible
  1. Best answer
    Yes it is compatible, your motherboard has multiple PCIe Lanes, as said here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3449#sp

    "2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16 (PCIEX16_1/PCIEX16_2) (Note 2)
    2 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8_1/PCIEX8_2) (Note 3) (The PCIEX16_1, PCIEX16_2, PCIEX8_1 and PCIEX8_2 slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
    2 x PCI Express x1 slots
    1 x PCI slot"

    The PCIe x16 slots should be the top ones (Closest one to the CPU) - Ignore the 2 short slots, it should be the first longer slot, coloured blue.

    So yes, that GPU is compatible with that motherboard.
  2. Awesome that was what I was thinking problem is I get no display signal at all after installing the GPU. The GPU starts and all so its not dead.
    Tried to update BIOS and uninstall the old graphic drivers.
    Tried both DVI and Displayport cable.
    But the screen is still black and get no signal.
    It works with the old GPU.
  3. Andreas_26 said:
    Awesome that was what I was thinking problem is I get no display signal at all after installing the GPU. The GPU starts and all so its not dead.
    Tried to update BIOS and uninstall the old graphic drivers.
    Tried both DVI and Displayport cable.
    But the screen is still black and get no signal.
    It works with the old GPU.


    So you used DDU to uninstall the old GPU graphics, have you tried using a different slot (Such as the one below it), you tried BIOS updates, did you pre-install the GPU graphics? That can fix the issue sometimes, i've had it where that is the fix before.

    Have you also got another PC to run that card in, as that can show if the card is faulty/damaged and needs an RMA.
  4. xFeaRDom said:
    Andreas_26 said:
    Awesome that was what I was thinking problem is I get no display signal at all after installing the GPU. The GPU starts and all so its not dead.
    Tried to update BIOS and uninstall the old graphic drivers.
    Tried both DVI and Displayport cable.
    But the screen is still black and get no signal.
    It works with the old GPU.


    So you used DDU to uninstall the old GPU graphics, have you tried using a different slot (Such as the one below it), you tried BIOS updates, did you pre-install the GPU graphics? That can fix the issue sometimes, i've had it where that is the fix before.

    Have you also got another PC to run that card in, as that can show if the card is faulty/damaged and needs an RMA.


    So you used DDU to uninstall the old GPU graphics
    I used http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

    have you tried using a different slot (Such as the one below it)
    No not yet I was thinking I know the first slot works because I had the old GPU in it.

    did you pre-install the GPU graphics?
    No, do you think pre-install geforce driver would help, maybe I cant get the old card to work after that?

    Have you also got another PC to run that card in, as that can show if the card is faulty/damaged and needs an RMA.
    No, that would help a lot if I just knew the GPU was ok and it should work.
  5. Andreas_26 said:
    xFeaRDom said:
    Andreas_26 said:
    Awesome that was what I was thinking problem is I get no display signal at all after installing the GPU. The GPU starts and all so its not dead.
    Tried to update BIOS and uninstall the old graphic drivers.
    Tried both DVI and Displayport cable.
    But the screen is still black and get no signal.
    It works with the old GPU.


    So you used DDU to uninstall the old GPU graphics, have you tried using a different slot (Such as the one below it), you tried BIOS updates, did you pre-install the GPU graphics? That can fix the issue sometimes, i've had it where that is the fix before.

    Have you also got another PC to run that card in, as that can show if the card is faulty/damaged and needs an RMA.


    So you used DDU to uninstall the old GPU graphics
    I used http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

    have you tried using a different slot (Such as the one below it)
    No not yet I was thinking I know the first slot works because I had the old GPU in it.

    did you pre-install the GPU graphics?
    No, do you think pre-install geforce driver would help, maybe I cant get the old card to work after that?

    Have you also got another PC to run that card in, as that can show if the card is faulty/damaged and needs an RMA.
    No, that would help a lot if I just knew the GPU was ok and it should work.


    The way I installed my new GPU in replacement of my old one, I didn't uninstall my old GPU drivers, I just inserted my new GPU in and installed the new drivers when it booted.

    Preinstalling it may help, and I have had this as the fix to an issue beforehand.
  6. I will try pre-install the drivers tomorrow.
  7. Tried to install the geforce drivers but I could not do it with the Radeon GPU card installed.
    Also tried diffrent slots but that didnt work either.
    I will try and get a new card.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Gaming MSI-Microstar Compatibility Geforce