Solved

My External Hdd Not Working Properly... PLS Help...

My External Hdd Not Working Properly... PLS Help.

My HDD is Of sony's
Light on the Hdd is blinking
But its not detected By my system
When i refresh several times it comes (with no storage space used or left shown! )
But when i open it loads for sme time and says its error or unreadable
Pls help
...
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about external hdd working properly pls
  1. Sir The Hdd Have A Limit Of Hit Or Voltage Sir . U Sure Ur Hdd Have Not Faced Any Damage? Hit? Voltage? Shock? There Are The Damage Which A External And Even Internal Storage Can Have . I Think Ur Hdd Got Damaged. Check It With Another Port From Another Pc/Tv or e.t.c If It Also Doesnt Respond U Should Check Ur Problem With A Repairer If It Can Be Repaired ( I Hope So )
    But Im Sure These Sort Of Issues Will Be Appeared After The Damaging.
    Best Regards Khd
  2. Ok
    When i connected to my DvD player it says "usb not present"
  3. khashayar2000 said:
    Sir The Hdd Have A Limit Of Hit Or Voltage Sir . U Sure Ur Hdd Have Not Faced Any Damage? Hit? Voltage? Shock? There Are The Damage Which A External And Even Internal Storage Can Have . I Think Ur Hdd Got Damaged. Check It With Another Port From Another Pc/Tv or e.t.c If It Also Doesnt Respond U Should Check Ur Problem With A Repairer If It Can Be Repaired ( I Hope So )
    But Im Sure These Sort Of Issues Will Be Appeared After The Damaging.
    Best Regards Khd

    When i Connect my HDD in My Pc Usb Conecting sound is coming
    But Its Not Detected
  4. If Data is important, Don't play with it. Find some data recovery company. They will give estimate first than start work on it. If need such type of service PM me. I am from India.
  5. I am from india kerala
  6. Hi there Mohammed muhsin,

    Is the drive recognized by Disk Management and how?

    My suggestion would be to start with just attaching it with a different cable to another computer. In case the issue persists and if the drive shows up as having 0 bytes of capacity, then you will need to look for some professional help, as the other guys have already suggested.

    Most of the HDD manufacturer's offer their own data recovery services or have some trusted partners.

    Cheers,
    D_Know_WD :)
  7. D_Know_WD said:
    Hi there Mohammed muhsin,

    Is the drive recognized by Disk Management and how?

    My suggestion would be to start with just attaching it with a different cable to another computer. In case the issue persists and if the drive shows up as having 0 bytes of capacity, then you will need to look for some professional help, as the other guys have already suggested.

    Most of the HDD manufacturer's offer their own data recovery services or have some trusted partners.

    Cheers,
    D_Know_WD :)

    its Recognised as USB Mass Storage
    I didnt try Connecting it to another pc i will try
    pls give me a solution
  8. Can you provide a screenshot of Disk Management? Just upload the screenshot to an image hosting website and post the link.
    Have you tried a different USB cable?

    Also, you can see if the drive would be picked up by some of these tools: https://www.lifewire.com/free-data-recovery-software-tools-2622893

    D_Know_WD :)
  9. D_Know_WD said:
    Can you provide a screenshot of Disk Management? Just upload the screenshot to an image hosting website and post the link.
    Have you tried a different USB cable?

    Also, you can see if the drive would be picked up by some of these tools: https://www.lifewire.com/free-data-recovery-software-tools-2622893

    D_Know_WD :)

    In Disk Management its not coming
    when i put my ears closer i heard stucking like sound
    is it a problem ?
  10. Mohammed muhsin said:
    My External Hdd Not Working Properly... PLS Help.

    My HDD is Of sony's
    Light on the Hdd is blinking
    But its not detected By my system
    When i refresh several times it comes (with no storage space used or left shown! )
    But when i open it loads for some time and says its error or unreadable
    Pls help
    ...

    Have your tried it on another PC? Is your Hard drive under warranty? If yes, then send it for analysis may be it is dying. Hope you have not stored huge data on it else you need to take professional help. If it is not under warranty run a diagnostic test and check for errors. There are companies like Stellar Data Recovery for recovering data. http://www.stellarinfo.com/services/hard-drive-data-recovery.php
    You can try them but first, check for above mentioned things.
  11. Best answer
    In case the drive is not recognized by Disk Management, I doubt you will be able to access it. Furthermore, the abnormal sounds could indicate some physical/mechanical flaw.

    If you've tried the drive with another cable to another computer, it seems that your only option for recovering the data would be to contact a data recovery company.

    Cheers,
    D_Know_WD :)
  12. I had gone to a nearby sony showroom they said it cant be fixed.... But my luck its under 2yrs warranty and they assured me a replacement.... NEW...
Ask a new question

Read More

Storage Hard Drives External Hard Drive