Solved

Is an I5-4460 3.2GHz Quadcore going to hold back my 1070?

I want to build myself a PC I don't have that high of a budget do I im going to build it with an i5 since I really want max graphical Performance but I don't care if my teammates in games run in circles. But recently I have found out that a bad CPU will hold back good GPU's so I wanted to ask is an I5-4460 3.2GHZ Quadcore going to hold back my GTX 1070 8g? I have also seen that it can be because of you're monitor, I have an OLD SyncMasterT220 it has a resulution of 1680 x 1050 wich is good enough for me so I will keep using it untli the white cables aren't supported anymore (sry cause I'm a really bad noob at cable stuff and some other pc stuff). If it does hold it back I will just save up a bit more and get an I7. Thanks in Advance.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 4460 2ghz quadcore hold back 1070
  1. Best answer
    Renas Batal said:
    I want to build myself a PC I don't have that high of a budget do I im going to build it with an i5 since I really want max graphical Performance but I don't care if my teammates in games run in circles. But recently I have found out that a bad CPU will hold back good GPU's so I wanted to ask is an I5-4460 3.2GHZ Quadcore going to hold back my GTX 1070 8g? I have also seen that it can be because of you're monitor, I have an OLD SyncMasterT220 it has a resulution of 1680 x 1050 wich is good enough for me so I will keep using it untli the white cables aren't supported anymore (sry cause I'm a really bad noob at cable stuff and some other pc stuff). If it does hold it back I will just save up a bit more and get an I7. Thanks in Advance.

for that resolution a 1070 is serious overkill, you have removed the gpu as the main bottleneck
    your cpu will be the main fps limiter yes
  2. maxalge said:
    Renas Batal said:

for that resolution a 1070 is serious overkill, you have removed the gpu as the main bottleneck
    your cpu will be the main fps limiter yes

so i should get an i7?
  3. Get the GTX 1070. It's going to be bottlenecked but just go for it. Youll get very playable FPS.
  4. no, get a 1060 or 470/480 at most, even then you will be pushing it at that resolution. Maybe consider moving to 1080p if you want something higher end.
  5. Have the money? Then get it lol...
  6. Embra said:
    no, get a 1060 or 470/480 at most, even then you will be pushing it at that resolution. Maybe consider moving to 1080p if you want something higher end.

I am going to get it with an I7 I seriusly do not care if it is overkill I will get a new screen anyways some time soon so thanks anyway
Ask a new question

Read More

Quad Core Intel i5 CPUs Build Geforce Gtx GPUs