Solved

How many frames can a laptop GTX 1070 hit maxed out at 1440p connected to a 1440p 144hz monitor via an HDMI cable

I want to buy this Laptop to be specific https://www.amazon.com/GL502VS-DB71-Full%C2%ADHD-Gaming-i7%C2%AD6700HQ-Windows/dp/B01K1INYD0 and later a 1440p monitor to play at 2k in the future at atleast to 60fps or above can this laptop play well ultra settings 1440p?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about frames laptop gtx 1070 hit maxed 1440p connected 1440p 144hz monitor hdmi cable
  1. Best answer
    60+ FPS easily, in fact, you can do 4k gaming with it (but at only 30hz due to HDMI limitations). You seem to question the power of GTX 10 series. Other than that, you can play games at 1440p at completely maxed out settings on every game. You will have a good experience.

    However, since your monitor is 144hz (refresh rate), you will only see visually 144 FPS max, despite what the framerates on benchmarks say.
  2. TSTheGamer said:
    I want to buy this Laptop to be specific https://www.amazon.com/GL502VS-DB71-Full%C2%ADHD-Gaming-i7%C2%AD6700HQ-Windows/dp/B01K1INYD0 and later a 1440p monitor to play at 2k in the future at atleast to 60fps or above can this laptop play well ultra settings 1440p?


    Depends on the game. You will have smooth play in all games, if you can max out all games at 1440 and at 144hz, no you can't do that.

    Witcher 3 at max at 1440 hits 60fps with a GTX 1070 on a desktop. I'd guess that is at 60hz though not 144.

    You won't be getting a slow system or one that can't play for a while with a 1070, but if you want "future" games at top settings at 60 fps, 1440 resolution at over 60hz refresh, that is stretching it.
  3. ravenjedmanicdao said:
    60+ FPS easily, in fact, you can do 4k gaming with it (but at only 30hz due to HDMI limitations). You seem to question the power of GTX 10 series. Other than that, you can play games at 1440p at completely maxed out settings on every game. You will have a good experience.

    However, since your monitor is 144hz (refresh rate), you will only see visually 144 FPS max, despite what the framerates on benchmarks say.


    Sounds good enough if its 60+ its all good you are right i had doubts but did a bit of research i found out that these new pascal gpus for laptops are close to desktop performance i dont mind 4k for now 2k is great
  4. hang-the-9 said:
    TSTheGamer said:
    I want to buy this Laptop to be specific https://www.amazon.com/GL502VS-DB71-Full%C2%ADHD-Gaming-i7%C2%AD6700HQ-Windows/dp/B01K1INYD0 and later a 1440p monitor to play at 2k in the future at atleast to 60fps or above can this laptop play well ultra settings 1440p?


    Depends on the game. You will have smooth play in all games, if you can max out all games at 1440 and at 144hz, no you can't do that.

    Witcher 3 at max at 1440 hits 60fps with a GTX 1070 on a desktop. I'd guess that is at 60hz though not 144.

    You won't be getting a slow system or one that can't play for a while with a 1070, but if you want "future" games at top settings at 60 fps, 1440 resolution at over 60hz refresh, that is stretching it.


    Talking about future proof i will build a pc later but for now just need something portable and great without breaking the bank looks like i made a good choice i guess this laptop will be great for 1440p 60hz gameplay without struggle right?
  5. TSTheGamer said:
    hang-the-9 said:
    TSTheGamer said:
    I want to buy this Laptop to be specific https://www.amazon.com/GL502VS-DB71-Full%C2%ADHD-Gaming-i7%C2%AD6700HQ-Windows/dp/B01K1INYD0 and later a 1440p monitor to play at 2k in the future at atleast to 60fps or above can this laptop play well ultra settings 1440p?


    Depends on the game. You will have smooth play in all games, if you can max out all games at 1440 and at 144hz, no you can't do that.

    Witcher 3 at max at 1440 hits 60fps with a GTX 1070 on a desktop. I'd guess that is at 60hz though not 144.

    You won't be getting a slow system or one that can't play for a while with a 1070, but if you want "future" games at top settings at 60 fps, 1440 resolution at over 60hz refresh, that is stretching it.


    Talking about future proof i will build a pc later but for now just need something portable and great without breaking the bank looks like i made a good choice i guess this laptop will be great for 1440p 60hz gameplay without struggle right?


    Yeah will be perfect for that.

    Im playing 1440p games on a 1060.
  6. RobCrezz thanks cant wait to get the laptop :) by the way what games are you playing or your current best titles i cant wait to play battlefield 1 and forza horizon 3
  7. Mostly overwatch at the moment and some forza 6 Apex. you should get great performance :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Monitors