Solved

GTX 1050Ti vs GTX 1060 3gb

Hi. I am currently in the process of building a mid-range gaming PC and wondering if I should buy the GTX 1050Ti, or the 3gb edition of the 1060.
Here is my current build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZPXhjc
Thanks for any responses.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gtx 1050ti gtx 1060 3gb
  1. Tom-B said:
    Hi. I am currently in the process of building a mid-range gaming PC and wondering if I should buy the GTX 1050Ti, or the 3gb edition of the 1060.
    Here is my current build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZPXhjc
    Thanks for any responses.


    The GTX 1060 will be quite a bit more powerful.
  2. The 1060 is a much better card, being able to play at max details in most games at 1080p. The 1050 will only be able to play games at medium detail at 1080
  3. Tom-B said:
    Hi. I am currently in the process of building a mid-range gaming PC and wondering if I should buy the GTX 1050Ti, or the 3gb edition of the 1060.
    Here is my current build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZPXhjc
    Thanks for any responses.


    Depends on the money you want to expend and the games and resolutions you want to handle....
    I would go for a 1060 for 1080p at max or a simple 1050 (no-ti) for lower resolution or settings....
    .....And drop the AMD for a Inter i3/i5 Cpu
  4. Tom-B said:
    Hi. I am currently in the process of building a mid-range gaming PC and wondering if I should buy the GTX 1050Ti, or the 3gb edition of the 1060.
    Here is my current build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZPXhjc
    Thanks for any responses.


    am3 is a dead end


    something like this is what you should be getting

    PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/TjLbkT
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/TjLbkT/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor (£170.99 @ Novatech)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£49.99 @ Novatech)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory (£39.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£45.48 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 470 4GB Gaming X Video Card (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case (£30.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
    Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£49.99 @ Novatech)
    Total: £567.38
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-27 16:10 BST+0100
  5. heebobo5 said:
    Tom-B said:
    Hi. I am currently in the process of building a mid-range gaming PC and wondering if I should buy the GTX 1050Ti, or the 3gb edition of the 1060.
    Here is my current build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZPXhjc
    Thanks for any responses.


    The GTX 1060 will be quite a bit more powerful.


    Even the 3gb version?
  6. Best answer
    Tom-B said:
    heebobo5 said:
    Tom-B said:
    Hi. I am currently in the process of building a mid-range gaming PC and wondering if I should buy the GTX 1050Ti, or the 3gb edition of the 1060.
    Here is my current build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZPXhjc
    Thanks for any responses.


    The GTX 1060 will be quite a bit more powerful.


    Even the 3gb version?


    1060 6gb > 1060 3gb > 1050 ti > 1050
  7. maxalge said:
    Tom-B said:
    Hi. I am currently in the process of building a mid-range gaming PC and wondering if I should buy the GTX 1050Ti, or the 3gb edition of the 1060.
    Here is my current build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZPXhjc
    Thanks for any responses.


    am3 is a dead end


    something like this is what you should be getting

    PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/TjLbkT
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/TjLbkT/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor (£170.99 @ Novatech)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£49.99 @ Novatech)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory (£39.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£45.48 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 470 4GB Gaming X Video Card (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case (£30.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
    Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£49.99 @ Novatech)
    Total: £567.38
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-27 16:10 BST+0100


    Would the gtx 1060 not be a better choice?
  8. maxalge said:
    Tom-B said:
    heebobo5 said:
    Tom-B said:
    Hi. I am currently in the process of building a mid-range gaming PC and wondering if I should buy the GTX 1050Ti, or the 3gb edition of the 1060.
    Here is my current build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZPXhjc
    Thanks for any responses.


    The GTX 1060 will be quite a bit more powerful.


    Even the 3gb version?


    1060 6gb > 1060 3gb > 1050 ti > 1050


    Okay, thanks.
  9. Tom-B said:
    maxalge said:
    Tom-B said:
    Hi. I am currently in the process of building a mid-range gaming PC and wondering if I should buy the GTX 1050Ti, or the 3gb edition of the 1060.
    Here is my current build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZPXhjc
    Thanks for any responses.


    am3 is a dead end


    something like this is what you should be getting

    PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/TjLbkT
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/TjLbkT/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor (£170.99 @ Novatech)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£49.99 @ Novatech)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory (£39.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£45.48 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 470 4GB Gaming X Video Card (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case (£30.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
    Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£49.99 @ Novatech)
    Total: £567.38
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-27 16:10 BST+0100


    Would the gtx 1060 not be a better choice?


    if you can stretch your budget, yes
  10. Tom-B said:
    heebobo5 said:
    Tom-B said:
    Hi. I am currently in the process of building a mid-range gaming PC and wondering if I should buy the GTX 1050Ti, or the 3gb edition of the 1060.
    Here is my current build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZPXhjc
    Thanks for any responses.


    The GTX 1060 will be quite a bit more powerful.


    Even the 3gb version?


    VRAM has little to do with how powerful the card is so yes, even the 3GB version.
  11. Tom-B said:
    Hi. I am currently in the process of building a mid-range gaming PC and wondering if I should buy the GTX 1050Ti, or the 3gb edition of the 1060.
    Here is my current build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZPXhjc
    Thanks for any responses.


    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/cvz98K
    May be a slight stretch, but still easily worth the money for the CPU upgrade. Also, an H170 board would be a nice to have if you can afford it.
  12. Tom-B said:
    Hi. I am currently in the process of building a mid-range gaming PC and wondering if I should buy the GTX 1050Ti, or the 3gb edition of the 1060.
    Here is my current build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZPXhjc
    Thanks for any responses.


    "am3 is a dead end" no, but your brain is. Am3+ is the best budget socket out there, and the fact that you don't know that means you shouldn't be commenting here. Intel fan boys are the worst. They don't know anything but they always wanna talk... The am3+ socket can run literally any game at 4k full settings with the right video card. Trust me, I do it daily. The cpu isn't tha even that important anymore. It's all about the video card, and saving money on the cpu let's your spend more on the video card. Just build what you want and ignore the Intel fanboys.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Gaming PCs