RX 460 won't display anything

The_Baguette

Reputable
Oct 28, 2015
Okay so I was building a computer for a friend and realised (stupidly) I had bought an LGA 1150 socket motherboard for the LGA 1155 CPU I had bought him and well I was extremely lucky to have an LGA 1155 motherboard sitting here unused (IPISB-CH) but I can not get any display through the RX 460, everywhere I have read people are saying it should work and that it does work and that the RX 460 has support for legacy BIOS and all that but no matter what I try I get nothing... The GPU fans spin up and the LED turns on (and yes I have the required power connected through a brand new 500w PSU) but I get nothing, I do get video through the computers onboard graphics and through this I managed to install Windows but it still doesn't detect through Windows or anything, if someone could help then that would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

The_Baguette

Reputable
Oct 28, 2015

I shall try the RX 460 in another system and get back to you

UPDATE: The card works fine in another system

The_Baguette

Reputable
Oct 28, 2015

All PCIe slots are enabled and the x16 slot I have just double checked and can confirm it is also enabled

Jester Maroc

Distinguished

Good man! Then as drkatz42 mentioned above, test in another system. If it still does not work then most likely its a dead GPU, contact your supplier.

EDIT: Just one more question, it does not display anything when booting up? You have never seen it display anything at any stage? If so do as advised above.

The_Baguette

Reputable
Oct 28, 2015

I have never seen anything get displayed through the GPU but the onboard graphics show the post screen and everything else