MERGED QUESTIONQuestion from bebealex : "[GTAV] FPS suddenly locked to 18 while playing, back to normal (and full GPU usage) only in the benchmark"
*Pardon me if this is the wrong place to talk troubleshooting, feel free to direct me
>Specs are at the end
For the last year I always had 40-45fps (gpu usage at 99%), never had any problems. Last day I'm playing as usual and suddenly the game drops at 18-20 fps with GPU usage at 35%.
- I restarted the game and still the same 18-20.
- Disabling Vsync and putting everything to low, still 18-20fps and 30% gpu usage.
- Ran the in-game benchmark, it starts at the damn 20 but quickly goes up to my usual 45fps ! While gpu usage goes up to 90%
- Disabled everything from the Radeon profiler, closed every software on the computer and forced the process at highest priority : still 18-20fps (30% usage) on high & low settings and 45-95fps (90% usage in the benchmark !?
- I reinstalled the game clean since I had some mods installed, still the same damn thing, it won't go past 18-20fps and more than 30% gpu usage !
I'm getting worried since I recently ordered a RX 480 to *max out* GTA V
- i7 2600k @ 4.6ghx
- HD 7970 3GB stock
- 16gb Ram
- Everything on SSD
- Temps are all good
- Every drivers up to date
- Windows 7, not playing from Steam (got the CDs)
I looked at several threads about FPS spikes or GPU usage drops, but they all talk about *random* spikes and drops, not that, out of nowhere the game suddenly goes into GIF mode, stays there but goes back to normal in the benchmark...