Closed Solved

AMD FX 8350 freezing my computer?

So I have been having freezes for the past week and a half. the sumary of what happens : when I'm playing games or the computer is idle, it will randomly freeze, the mouse and keyboard will not work and the last sound that was heard will loop constantly in a very agressive way, im not sure exactly how to describe it.

here are my specs :
AMD FX-8350 (Cpu)
asustek m5A97 R2.0 (motherboard)
Radeon RX 470 4gb (saphire if i recall correctly)
16 gb of ram (not sure which brand)
525w powersupply (not sure which brand either, can check if necessary)

heres what i tried so far : -addings fans thinking it was a heat problem, i am 99% sure it is not
-updating bios for motherboard currently version 2603
-disabling cool'n'quiet and amd turbo core in BIOS as some other users on this forum fixed it that way
-tried running CCleaner and advanced system care9 for

i also tried to return it to microbytes (who sold me my cpu ram and graphics crad and ram about two weeks ago now) and they could not find the problem.

highly in need of help :(
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about amd 8350 freezing computer
  1. Best answer
    Your psu is likely your problem.

    Did the problem only begin after you added the 470?

    If you remove the 470 now, will your PC work normally without the crashing and freezing?(obviously not gaming)
  2. CTurbo said:
    Your psu is likely your problem.

    Did the problem only begin after you added the 470?

    If you remove the 470 now, will your PC work normally without the crashing and freezing?(obviously not gaming)


    Unfortunately I am not good enough with computer parts to be able to remove my cpu or gpu.

    Yes, my problem started when they added cpu gpu and ram at the same time.

    What makes you believe it could be psu? it would seem weird to me since my computer can run for an hour or two and be fine until it crashes
  3. How are your temps?
  4. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    How are your temps?


    at first they were scary like cpu 60 idle and 80 running but now that I have added my fans i dont go above 60-65 max while gaming and 40-45
  5. They can throttle at 70 and shut down , THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE AT 62C or below.
  6. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    They can throttle at 70 and shut down , THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE AT 62C or below.


    Thing that makes me believe it might not be heat related is that sometimes when i crash and start it up right after and check my temperatures in BIOS is sometimes they are 52 and below (celsius of course)
  7. Understood , in that case power supply most likely culprit.
  8. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Understood , in that case power supply most likely culprit.


    Is there anyway to make sure it is power supply related before going out and buying one? I didnt plan to have to buy a psu but will if I have to. I was told it was suposed to be o.k with my current psu but the crashes make me doubt it obviously
  9. It would be helpful to know how it runs without the 470. This could remove all doubt that it's the psu.
  10. CTurbo said:
    It would be helpful to know how it runs without the 470. This could remove all doubt that it's the psu.


    Is there a way to disconnect the card from the motherboard or psu without completely removing from my computer?
  11. Jeffrey_34 said:
    So I have been having freezes for the past week and a half. the sumary of what happens : when I'm playing games or the computer is idle, it will randomly freeze, the mouse and keyboard will not work and the last sound that was heard will loop constantly in a very agressive way, im not sure exactly how to describe it.

    here are my specs :
    AMD FX-8350 (Cpu)
    asustek m5A97 R2.0 (motherboard)
    Radeon RX 470 4gb (saphire if i recall correctly)
    16 gb of ram (not sure which brand)
    525w powersupply (not sure which brand either, can check if necessary)

    heres what i tried so far : -addings fans thinking it was a heat problem, i am 99% sure it is not
    -updating bios for motherboard currently version 2603
    -disabling cool'n'quiet and amd turbo core in BIOS as some other users on this forum fixed it that way
    -tried running CCleaner and advanced system care9 for

    i also tried to return it to microbytes (who sold me my cpu ram and graphics crad and ram about two weeks ago now) and they could not find the problem.

    highly in need of help :(


    I have the same issue here. Even after i changed out the PSU for a 800w. Video is a 1600 3gb motherboard is the same and CPU is the same. runnign 16gb RAM
  12. I have the same issue here. Even after i changed out the PSU for a 800w. Video is a 1600 3gb motherboard is the same and CPU is the same. runnign 16gb RAM



    Here is what fixed my problem : i had also bought a new 8gb of ram. When my computer got really hot (not too hot but when it was working hard) since i had 2 different sets of ram, there was a communication problem or something im not sur between them. What i did is i bought another 8gb of the same ram and it fixed the problem.

    Hope this helps you out.
  13. jeffreydugas414 said:

    I have the same issue here. Even after i changed out the PSU for a 800w. Video is a 1600 3gb motherboard is the same and CPU is the same. runnign 16gb RAM



    Here is what fixed my problem : i had also bought a new 8gb of ram. When my computer got really hot (not too hot but when it was working hard) since i had 2 different sets of ram, there was a communication problem or something im not sur between them. What i did is i bought another 8gb of the same ram and it fixed the problem.

    Hope this helps you out.

    Well i have 2 8gb sticks of G skill. they are good and i even rotated them to slot B
  14. Running at Windows 7. And disabling the turbo boost. As well ass checking the ram. In bios it seems the ram is set to a lower rate. Mine is 1600 bit was running at 1330. So far it's minimal or no crashes. Found that anything around 1600 gtx or above are too fast for the cpu which can cause bottleneck and freezing. I'm unsure but I think it may be the motherboard itself. Maybe some kind of issue that only comes up when running newer hardware. As soon as I can I'm updating to ryzen and am4 motherboard. As a side note when I downgraded to 7 I had no crashes for over a month. :D since the turbo seems to help. I think the board itself cannot allocate power correctly at times between the cup and video. Causing crashes. But either way it's just.... an odd issue
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Crash AMD