Solved

How much VM's can an i5 6600 run at once with 16GB of ram?

Hi, I want to build my first pc.
I think I will be going with an i5 6600 but I want to be able to run at least 2 VM's at once.
Can the i5 6600 handle that with 16GB of ram? Or should I look for another CPU (suggestions are welcome!)
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 6600 run 16gb ram
  1. it kind of depend on what you want to be doing with the VM's, it has the capability to be able to 2 2VM's without an issue but if you try to render videos on each VM then it will be slow.
  2. Hawkshot said:
    it kind of depend on what you want to be doing with the VM's, it has the capability to be able to 2 2VM's without an issue but if you try to render videos on each VM then it will be slow.

I will be running linux on one of them and I will be compiling applications. The other one will be running windows to test applications.

So if I understand correctly this will be possible with an i5 6600!?
  3. Best answer
    Willdap said:
    Hawkshot said:
    it kind of depend on what you want to be doing with the VM's, it has the capability to be able to 2 2VM's without an issue but if you try to render videos on each VM then it will be slow.

I will be running linux on one of them and I will be compiling applications. The other one will be running windows to test applications.

Yeah, this will be possible and should run without an issue, just be aware that due to running VM's the system will slow down as they will need allocated resources from your computer.
  4. Hawkshot said:
    Willdap said:
    Hawkshot said:

Yeah, this will be possible and should run without an issue, just be aware that due to running VM's the system will slow down as they will need allocated resources from your computer.

Okay thank you very much!
Ask a new question

Read More

Virtual Machine Intel i5