i7 4790 maxing out while playing dying light enhanced edition, causing mouse to freeze. what to do?

I have a i7 4790 and an sapphire r9 390 nitro card.
While playing dying light, the cpu get's almost maxed out causing the mouse to freeze.
The gpu temps stay around 60ºC max.
The video settigs for the game are:

- Nvidia things turned off;
- Ambient oclucion on;
- Everything maxed out;

I experience no lag while playing. the game runs smoothly except for the mouse freezing sometimes because cpu is maxing out.
Is this normal? what can I do
7 answers Last reply
More about 4790 maxing playing dying light enhanced edition causing mouse freeze
  1. So it shows the cpu at 100%? is your antivirus maybe scanning your pc while gaming?
  2. hdgaming said:
    So it shows the cpu at 100%? is your antivirus maybe scanning your pc while gaming?

    The cpu stays at ~60% but sometimes the usage goes a bit higher cause the mouse to freeze. Nope, no antivirus scanning
  3. If the cpu stays between 60-70% then it should not bottleneck. Do you get fps drops? or is it only the mouse that freezes?
  4. hdgaming said:
    If the cpu stays between 60-70% then it should not bottleneck. Do you get fps drops? or is it only the mouse that freezes?

    Only the mouse freezing
  5. Do you have a wireless mouse? sounds like that mouse has some issues since everything else is just working fine.
  6. hdgaming said:
    Do you have a wireless mouse? sounds like that mouse has some issues since everything else is just working fine.

    No it's usb. I did saw some weird things like when I unpluged the mouse and then plugged it back in it started to install the driver but it appeared as a gaming keyboard instead of gaming mouse like previously. And sometimes I can click but the mouse icon doesn't appear. but I have a dual boot system, and in the second OS I haven't found any issues with the mouse.
  7. hmm, o you have a spare mouse laying around by any chance so you can test if that one works properly? btw what is the brand and model of the mouse we're talking about?
Ask a new question

Read More

Light Intel i7 CPUs Sapphire