Solved

Acer Aspire TC-605 with 220W PSU - Graphics card replacement: GTX 750/ti questions and looking for advices

Greetings, gentlemen;

I own an Acer Aspire TC-605 with the following specifications:
-Windows 10 64-bit
-Intel Core i5 4460
-4G DDR3 Memory
-And the infamous NVIDIA GeForce GT705 1024MB.



As in the title, I wanted to replace the latter with a new graphics card with better performances; namely, the GTX 750 or GTX 750ti, as, reading here and there, I found some versions without the six-pin plug can run 'smoothly' even with a 220W PSU.

Here are some I found being suggested:
-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127784
-https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Dual-Link-Graphics-02G-P4-3751-KR/dp/B00IDG3PRI

However, before doing anything, I though it would be wise to ask and present my particular case to experts. With the specifications and pictures provided, what are your thoughts? Do you have any suggestions or advices? Something better or more suited for my case in mind? I'm all ears (eyes)!

Here are some pictures of the interior of the PC case for better evaluation:





Thank you very much in advance, gentlemen; looking forward to your answers.
Best Regads!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about acer aspire 605 220w psu graphics card replacement gtx 750 questions advices
  1. I'd say it'll work just fine, though it'd help if you posted a pic of your PSU label.
  2. turkey3_scratch said:
    I'd say it'll work just fine, though it'd help if you posted a pic of your PSU label.


    Sorry: there were some issues with the hosting site. I have fixed that
  3. Best answer
    You could probably run a 750 or 750Ti though you'll be getting quite close to the rated amperage on the 12V rail. The only way to know is to try.
  4. turkey3_scratch said:
    You could probably run a 750 or 750Ti though you'll be getting quite close to the rated amperage on the 12V rail. The only way to know is to try.


    Hmm, thank you very much; any particular version of the 750/750ti in mind or that you think would be the most suited for my PC in particular?
  5. The EVGA basic model is good because it does not require any PCIe cables from the PSU.
  6. turkey3_scratch said:
    The EVGA basic model is good because it does not require any PCIe cables from the PSU.


    And what about ZOTAC? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M27TSJS/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687562&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00IDG3IDO&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=BG0MY90X4HC6R0YVRM7Q
  7. Hexxex said:
    turkey3_scratch said:
    The EVGA basic model is good because it does not require any PCIe cables from the PSU.


    And what about ZOTAC? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M27TSJS/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687562&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00IDG3IDO&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=BG0MY90X4HC6R0YVRM7Q


    Yep that'll work, too.
Ask a new question

Read More

Aspire Acer Graphics Cards Components Gtx