Solved

sandisk extreme pro vs samsung 850 evo vs 850 pro

which is better for my use, sandisk extreme pro 480gb or samsung evo 500gb or samsung 850 pro 512gb? Money isn't that real issue at the moment because i have around $200 to spend on ssd. i mainly game and surf on the web and i kind a plan on doing dual boot windows 10 and mac os, but haven't decided on that yet. I am gonna put a couple of games like skyrim and fallout 4 which i mod and other modded games. I surf the internet everyday. I want to get the best ssd so i dont regret the speed from cheaper ssd. Also i am not gonna spend the money on anything else cuz my mom will just take it away, either i spend all the whole money or the rest of the money i have to give back sadly. I am gonna get another 4tb hard drive even tho I have 2x 2tb hard drive which is 4tb in total side by side. I jump around games and dont finish them lol but its what I do so that's why i dont wanna delete games. I think I may have sata 2 but my motherboard says i may have sata 3 speed which is confusing. So what ssd do u guys recomend for me? I also heard I should stay away from tlc drives, but they are sort fixed up now so is it still bad?

samsung 850 evo 500 gb in amazon its $154, the samsung pro is $200 and the sandisk extreme pro is $190

I got my PC from HP.
My PC is called HP ENVY h8-1437c
This is my Computer Specs that I have right now in my PC:
Windows 10 Home (64bit)
GPU(graphic card): MSI Nvidia GTX 970 4G Gaming Edition
CPU: Intel core I5-3470 3.20 GHz 4 Cores
12GB of memory
Power Supply:Crosair cx 600
Resolution:1920x1080
2x 2TB hard drive

This is the link to my motherboard:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03517380
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sandisk extreme pro samsung 850 evo 850 pro
  1. Best answer
    In a blind test, you will not see any performance/speed/longevity difference between those drives.
  2. so should i get the samsung 850 evo 500 gb cuz in amazon its $154, the samsung pro is $200 and the sandisk extreme pro is $190
  3. papi1248 said:
    so should i get the samsung 850 evo 500 gb cuz in amazon its $154, the samsung pro is $200 and the sandisk extreme pro is $190


    Yes.
  4. what about the whole tlc vs mlc thing, and i ahve money to spend, so i dont wnat money to be a factor in this sort of thing
  5. papi1248 said:
    what about the whole tlc vs mlc thing, and i ahve money to spend, so i dont wnat money to be a factor in this sort of thing


    TLC vs MLC is of zero consequence.

    Buy the 850 EVO. Take someone nice out to lunch with the leftover.
  6. wish that was possible, if i had leftovers, my mom would take it, so its more beneficial to me to spend all of it on something really good.
  7. papi1248 said:
    wish that was possible, if i had leftovers, my mom would take it, so its more beneficial to me to spend all of it on something really good.


    Whatever.
    Again, you will see zero difference between those 3 drives.
  8. what about less expansive drives like kingston,pny, osz and others, there are higher capacity drives for the same price? are they noticeably slower than the the top ones that i have listed? I think I can get a 960gb ssd for like 200 but it may not be the top names that i have given
  9. papi1248 said:
    what about less expansive drives like kingston,pny, osz and others, there are higher capacity drives for the same price? are they noticeably slower than the the top ones that i have listed? I think I can get a 960gb ssd for like 200 but it may not be the top names that i have given


    Just get the 850 EVO.
    or...
    An 850 EVO 250GB (~$90), and a Sandisk Ultra II 480 ($125) or 960GB ($225) as a second drive.

    What will you be using this (or these) for?
  10. well i will be using it for a couple of games like elder scrolls and fallout series for modding to have better load times and all other 290 games goes to 3 of my hard drive that will have 8tb in total and for os either dual boot or just regular windows 10 and not mac os and also google chrome and maybe photoshop havent decided that yet and a bit of coding also.
  11. Just get the 850 EVO, in whatever size your budget allows.
    Don't stress over this.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Samsung SATA Systems SSD Sandisk