Solved

I'm getting low fps after trying to overclock my GPU (MSI Afterburner)

So as i said in the title, i wanted a little boost of fps after trying those magic tutorials like changing windows performance to high and a lot of pointless stuff that quite helped a little bit. I decided to overclock so i watched a couple of videos and i said let s give it a go with the assist of a tutorial in hand. Well as i first noticed downloading the program i didn't get the possibility to change the power limit and the core voltage https://gyazo.com/dbb4d583c19ae8ff113b27533c9e0ccf. Upset of that i followed the video and finally decided on a number, after trying it on my game (csgo) nothing changes, it became worse and worse. I begin by changing numbers randomly and this lead me to completely delete the app, thinking that would boost back my fps at where they were, nope it still reminds worse and i tried quite everything like updating drivers, but i was afraid of uninstalling it because i found some topics talking about how dangerous it could be when after your computer doesn't locate or find the driver. So i decided to post this, they are couple of picture that might help you but please if you could find me a solution because i'm quite desperate and i though that overclocking will boost fps and not lower them.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about low fps overclock gpu msi afterburner
  1. It must be that the GPU got unstable can be volt problems but what i would suggest is to put it back to factory settings and see if it improves if it does keep the settings at default.
  2. popeyetyty said:
    It must be that the GPU got unstable can be volt problems but what i would suggest is to put it back to factory settings and see if it improves if it does keep the settings at default.


    Thank you for your answer but how i can put it to factory reset?
  3. Kais__ said:
    popeyetyty said:
    It must be that the GPU got unstable can be volt problems but what i would suggest is to put it back to factory settings and see if it improves if it does keep the settings at default.


    Thank you for your answer but how i can put it to factory reset?


    What is the name and brand of your GPU?? Wait the link lmao.
  4. Well what i would do on MSI is to click the reset button and see if it puts it to what you started at. It should and when you do that apply it and restart your computer then test out the games to see for the FPS difference.
  5. I already did it, but there is no difference and btw that s the reset one ;) i mean on the picture
  6. popeyetyty said:
    Well what i would do on MSI is to click the reset button and see if it puts it to what you started at. It should and when you do that apply it and restart your computer then test out the games to see for the FPS difference.


    I already did it, but there is no difference and btw that s the reset one ;) i mean on the picture
  7. Best answer
    Kais__ said:
    popeyetyty said:
    Well what i would do on MSI is to click the reset button and see if it puts it to what you started at. It should and when you do that apply it and restart your computer then test out the games to see for the FPS difference.


    I already did it, but there is no difference and btw that s the reset one ;) i mean on the picture


    Oh okay, but then it probably is because you need a GPU upgrade cause that GPU is very old and not that good of a GPU unless searching the web and daily life stuff.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking GPUs MSI-Microstar Low FPS