Solved

Push or Pull Config for Phanteks Enthoo Luxe??

So I have an EK Predator 360 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, and I am planning it to be placed on the top of my Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Chassis, so my question is what config is better for the cooling, push or pull??

A screenshot of an EK Predator 360 on top of the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Chassis (to give you idea)
https://postimg.org/image/quzu43lox/

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about push pull config phanteks enthoo luxe
  1. Best answer
    Push and pull are functionally the same. If you put the fans on top and set them to pull, you can clean the radiator more easily, but dust pile-up will show a lot more as well.
  2. Iver Hicarte said:
    So I have an EK Predator 360 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, and I am planning it to be placed on the top of my Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Chassis, so my question is what config is better for the cooling, push or pull??

    A screenshot of an EK Predator 360 on top of the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Chassis (to give you idea)
    https://postimg.org/image/quzu43lox/

    THANKS IN ADVANCE!


    I covered this in the EK Predator 240 testing and review that I did: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2941802/ekwb-predator-240-xlc-performance-testing-observations.html

    Quote:
    In every fan speed – 1200/1600/1900 RPM, there is a very linear set of tight clusters for each data point. The interesting thing to note is the negligible deviance between each load test and the set of push or pull tests associated – there is hardly any difference in performance between the fan orientations, but pull does have a slight overall edge across almost every test. However, it is typically only 1C with the largest gap coming at 1600rpm at 500watts of load…and this only results in a difference of 1.72C.
  3. Mr Kagouris said:
    Push and pull are functionally the same. If you put the fans on top and set them to pull, you can clean the radiator more easily, but dust pile-up will show a lot more as well.


    I also noticed that SP fans tend to be noisier in pull at high RPM.
    Though i do use pull for convenience of cleaning :)
  4. The Vardar fans that EK ships with the Predator units are actually very quiet.
  5. The Vardar fans on the Predator are only second to Noctua NF-F12s in terms of both performance and acoustics.

    Vardars are love
    Vardars are life
  6. rubix_1011 said:
    The Vardar fans that EK ships with the Predator units are actually very quiet.


    I know that they are.
    I'm using the Corsair's SP fans and a noticeable noise appears only in pull @ 2000RPM. they are also venting my case and i have to deal with ~30c ambient. So I have to push it a bit. Most people do not reach these kind of fan speed.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking and Value Heatsinks Water Cooling Speed Predator CPUs Cooling Heat Performance Cases Configuration Quality Versatility