Solved

Gt 730 Grand theft auto 5 capabilities

Can a gt 730 with these specs Intel i7-4770 4gb ram work with gta v if so how many fps
38 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 730 grand theft auto capabilities
  1. person in need of help said:
    Can a gt 730 with these specs Intel i7-4770 4gb ram work with gta v if so how many fps


    Not really. It's too weak of a GPU for 1080p in that game. Try to get atleast a gtx 950.
    But, honestly, with such a powerfull CPU, you should wait until the end of the month and get the RX 480 coming out for $200 with close to Fury level performance. And get another 4 gigs of ram.
  2. If at 720p at the lowest setting you should just about get playable frame rates from what I have read. That GPU is not really designed for gaming, it's very weak. 4gb RAM won't help either but your biggest problem is the GPU. 1080p won't be playable
  3. Exactly how many FPS is impossible to guess, there's far too many variables.
    You'll be running on low settings with that GPU.
  4. Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    Can a gt 730 with these specs Intel i7-4770 4gb ram work with gta v if so how many fps


    Not really. It's too weak of a GPU for 1080p in that game. Try to get atleast a gtx 950.
    But, honestly, with such a powerfull CPU, you should wait until the end of the month and get the RX 480 coming out for $200 with close to Fury level performance. And get another 4 gigs of ram.


    I only have a 900p monitor
  5. So if I got a gtx 750 ti would that be alot better?
  6. person in need of help said:
    So if I got a gtx 750 ti would that be alot better?


    Better by miles. Though a 950 would be even better.
  7. person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    Can a gt 730 with these specs Intel i7-4770 4gb ram work with gta v if so how many fps


    Not really. It's too weak of a GPU for 1080p in that game. Try to get atleast a gtx 950.
    But, honestly, with such a powerfull CPU, you should wait until the end of the month and get the RX 480 coming out for $200 with close to Fury level performance. And get another 4 gigs of ram.


    I only have a 900p monitor


    730 is still not gonna cut it. The 750 ti would be the bare minimum.
  8. Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    So if I got a gtx 750 ti would that be alot better?


    Better by miles. Though a 950 would be even better.


    So this would be better than the gtx 750 ti?


    https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Cooling-Graphics-02G-P4-2956-KR/dp/B013WQC9Z2/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1465550306&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx+950
  9. 900p I doubt would be playable, 720p seems about the max for that GPU. 750Ti is a big upgrade but it's getting old now, a 950 would be my choice if on a tight budget. I'd also get another 4gb RAM
  10. sizzling said:
    900p I doubt would be playable, 720p seems about the max for that GPU. 750Ti is a big upgrade but it's getting old now, a 950 would be my choice if on a tight budget. I'd also get another 4gb RAM


    Im already getting another 8gb ram stick just deciding on what graphics card, the thing is my best choice is gtx 750 ti becuase my psu is only 300 watts
  11. person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    So if I got a gtx 750 ti would that be alot better?


    Better by miles. Though a 950 would be even better.


    So this would be better than the gtx 750 ti?


    https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Cooling-Graphics-02G-P4-2956-KR/dp/B013WQC9Z2/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1465550306&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx+950


    Yes. But first, what PSU do you have?

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1670?vs=1662
  12. Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    So if I got a gtx 750 ti would that be alot better?


    Better by miles. Though a 950 would be even better.


    So this would be better than the gtx 750 ti?


    https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Cooling-Graphics-02G-P4-2956-KR/dp/B013WQC9Z2/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1465550306&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx+950


    Yes. But first, what PSU do you have?

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1670?vs=1662


    Its only 300 watts so I cant get the gtx 950
  13. Sorry that's bad of me, I should have asked about PSU first. What make and model is it? 300w on it's own doesn't tell us much. Chances are you need a new one
  14. sizzling said:
    Sorry that's bad of me, I should have asked about PSU first. What make and model is it? 300w on it's own doesn't tell us much. Chances are you need a new one


    Didnt wanna tell you guys but its a dell psu here it is




    And its 290 but does 10 watts really make a difference
  15. person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    So if I got a gtx 750 ti would that be alot better?


    Better by miles. Though a 950 would be even better.


    So this would be better than the gtx 750 ti?


    https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Cooling-Graphics-02G-P4-2956-KR/dp/B013WQC9Z2/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1465550306&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx+950


    Yes. But first, what PSU do you have?

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1670?vs=1662


    Its only 300 watts so I cant get the gtx 950


    Get his 950: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/jtnG3C/asus-video-card-gtx9502g
    It dpesn't require a PCIE power cable just like the 750s so it will work on a 300W PSU.
  16. Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    So if I got a gtx 750 ti would that be alot better?


    Better by miles. Though a 950 would be even better.


    So this would be better than the gtx 750 ti?


    https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Cooling-Graphics-02G-P4-2956-KR/dp/B013WQC9Z2/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1465550306&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx+950


    Yes. But first, what PSU do you have?

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1670?vs=1662


    Its only 300 watts so I cant get the gtx 950


    Get his 950: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/jtnG3C/asus-video-card-gtx9502g
    It dpesn't require a PCIE power cable just like the 750s so it will work on a 300W PSU.


    People on amazon said at least 500 watts but I went to the Nvidia site and it said recommended is 350 watts
  17. Wait would the gtx 750 ti with 12 gb ram run gta v with at least 40-60 fps if so case closed
  18. person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    So if I got a gtx 750 ti would that be alot better?


    Better by miles. Though a 950 would be even better.


    So this would be better than the gtx 750 ti?


    https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Cooling-Graphics-02G-P4-2956-KR/dp/B013WQC9Z2/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1465550306&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx+950


    Yes. But first, what PSU do you have?

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1670?vs=1662


    Its only 300 watts so I cant get the gtx 950


    Get his 950: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/jtnG3C/asus-video-card-gtx9502g
    It dpesn't require a PCIE power cable just like the 750s so it will work on a 300W PSU.


    People on amazon said at least 500 watts but I went to the Nvidia site and it said recommended is 350 watts


    This card is specially made by ASUS for low power consumption.
  19. The recommended GPU for that game is a GTX 660. The 750 ti is roughly half the performance of that.
  20. Starcruiser said:
    The recommended GPU for that game is a GTX 660. The 750 ti is roughly half the performance of that.


    Does that mean it can run the game on ultra?

    Also I checked and on amazon the gtx 750 ti and gtx 660 are roughly the same price
  21. Recommended settings do not mean ultra. Typically it refers to Medium-High settings or high settings at 1080p with decent frame rates.
    The GTX 660 uses a lot more power, 80 watts more.
  22. person in need of help said:
    Starcruiser said:
    The recommended GPU for that game is a GTX 660. The 750 ti is roughly half the performance of that.


    Does that mean it can run the game on ultra?

    Also I checked and on amazon the gtx 750 ti and gtx 660 are roughly the same price


    Ultra? U must be joking.
    A 660 is out of teh question on that PSU. The 950 i linked is the best possible card you could run on it.
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1670?vs=1597
  23. Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    So if I got a gtx 750 ti would that be alot better?


    Better by miles. Though a 950 would be even better.


    So this would be better than the gtx 750 ti?

    Are you sure with a tdp of 75 it would work
    https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Cooling-Graphics-02G-P4-2956-KR/dp/B013WQC9Z2/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1465550306&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx+950


    Yes. But first, what PSU do you have?

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1670?vs=1662


    Its only 300 watts so I cant get the gtx 950


    Get his 950: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/jtnG3C/asus-video-card-gtx9502g
    It dpesn't require a PCIE power cable just like the 750s so it will work on a 300W PSU.


    People on amazon said at least 500 watts but I went to the Nvidia site and it said recommended is 350 watts


    This card is specially made by ASUS for low power consumption.
  24. Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    Starcruiser said:
    The recommended GPU for that game is a GTX 660. The 750 ti is roughly half the performance of that.


    Does that mean it can run the game on ultra?

    Also I checked and on amazon the gtx 750 ti and gtx 660 are roughly the same price


    Ultra? U must be joking.
    A 660 is out of teh question on that PSU. The 950 i linked is the best possible card you could run on it.
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1670?vs=1597



    How would a gtx 950 run on ultra?
  25. It won't run on ultra. You need a much more powerful GPU and a better PSU for that, as well as much more RAM.
    To run it on ultra you need a video card with at least 3 GB VRAM.
  26. person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    Starcruiser said:
    The recommended GPU for that game is a GTX 660. The 750 ti is roughly half the performance of that.


    Does that mean it can run the game on ultra?

    Also I checked and on amazon the gtx 750 ti and gtx 660 are roughly the same price


    Ultra? U must be joking.
    A 660 is out of teh question on that PSU. The 950 i linked is the best possible card you could run on it.
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1670?vs=1597



    How would a gtx 950 run on ultra?


    You will ahve a good experience with teh 950 as teh game looks great on medium/high. Ultra is for $350+ cards.

    EDIT: That would be last gen 350+ cards. The RX 480 for $200 at the and of teh month + a $60 PSU would do it and would fit your awesome CPU.
  27. Starcruiser said:
    It won't run on ultra. You need a much more powerful GPU and a better PSU for that, as well as much more RAM.
    To run it on ultra you need a video card with at least 3 GB VRAM.


    On very high how would gtx 750 ti go
  28. person in need of help said:
    Starcruiser said:
    It won't run on ultra. You need a much more powerful GPU and a better PSU for that, as well as much more RAM.
    To run it on ultra you need a video card with at least 3 GB VRAM.


    On very high how would gtx 750 ti go


    Unplayable. If a $100 card could run games like gta 5 on very high, why do you think that there exist $700 cards out there?
  29. I just want to know one thing can the gtx 750 ti run this game at 40-60 fps either on high or very high just tell me
  30. person in need of help said:
    I just want to know one thing can the gtx 750 ti run this game at 40-60 fps either on high or very high just tell me


    No. A 950 could, but only on high.
  31. Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    Starcruiser said:
    It won't run on ultra. You need a much more powerful GPU and a better PSU for that, as well as much more RAM.
    To run it on ultra you need a video card with at least 3 GB VRAM.


    On very high how would gtx 750 ti go


    Unplayable. If a $100 card could run games like gta 5 on very high, why do you think that there exist $700 cards out there?



    I DONT UNDERSTAND ANYMORE GODDAMIT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o_n-s3S0yo
  32. Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    I just want to know one thing can the gtx 750 ti run this game at 40-60 fps either on high or very high just tell me


    No. A 950 could, but only on high.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o_n-s3S0yo
  33. person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    I just want to know one thing can the gtx 750 ti run this game at 40-60 fps either on high or very high just tell me


    No. A 950 could, but only on high.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o_n-s3S0yo


    Youtube is a very reliable information source. If you consider 20 FPS playable, go with teh 750 and play on ultra.
  34. Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    I just want to know one thing can the gtx 750 ti run this game at 40-60 fps either on high or very high just tell me


    No. A 950 could, but only on high.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o_n-s3S0yo


    Youtube is a very reliable information source. If you consider 20 FPS playable, go with teh 750 and play on ultra.


    I dont really want Ultra I want it like on ps4 and Xbox

    But anyway Ill just get the gtx 750 ti because the psu doesnt have pin connectors
  35. person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    person in need of help said:
    I just want to know one thing can the gtx 750 ti run this game at 40-60 fps either on high or very high just tell me


    No. A 950 could, but only on high.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o_n-s3S0yo


    Youtube is a very reliable information source. If you consider 20 FPS playable, go with teh 750 and play on ultra.


    I dont really want Ultra I want it like on ps4 and Xbox

    But anyway Ill just get the gtx 750 ti because the psu doesnt have pin connectors


    Like PS4 or Xbox would be PC low to medium. A 750 ti would be fine.
  36. Even for a card that can achieve console quality 1080p and 30 FPS you'll need to spend more than $100.
  37. Best answer
    https://youtu.be/sSWurq4DCnc

    You can achieve 60 fps at 1080p with a 750 Ti, but you'll need to dial the graphics down as in this video....

    The card in the video is running at its' factory settings (1189MHz core clock + 2700MHz memory clock) but you can OC any card yourself and get more performance out of it however.
  38. Overclocking will use more power, so I do not recommend doing this for this particular case due to power constraints.
Ask a new question

Read More

RAM Intel i7 FPS Graphics