Solved

USB Headsets Not Working On My Computer (logitech g430 and hyperx cloud 2)

Hi, so a few weeks ago i bought a logitech g430 headset, and audiojack worked, but not the usb device. When i opened "device manager" windows 10 marked it as unknown device. I tried to fix it, but none of the solutions on the net worked, so i returned my logitech g430. After that i bought hyperx cloud 2 gaming headset and tried the usb on this one, but this time it said that the usb needed a driver, and when searching for a driver it couldnt find one. I think there is not supposed to be a driver for the usb port, but windows does not like that and tries to find find a driver instead. (incase this image thingy wont work, heres a link http://imgur.com/tXcccv9)

I am using an msi ge72 6QF Apache Pro, sadly my computer is in Norwiegan, but here are some links that might help you solve my problem. (google translate might seriously help)
http://imgur.com/a/ECJBr

I tried the g430 on my friends computer (it is running windows 10 as well) and it worked for him.
I am using windows on a ssd if that is important.
If you need any additional information dont be afraid to ask, i'll try and check regulary for any answers...

--EDIT--
-I forgot to say that both headsets are detachable from the USB and can play 7.1 surround sound when connected.
-Also i dont think the usb ports are the problem, because plugging in my mouse (logitech g502 proteus spectrum) to the very same usb ports still works...
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about usb headsets working computer logitech g430 hyperx cloud
  1. did you update motherboard drivers? did you run driver booster to see if you missed anything?
    did you update bios?

    sounds like pc needs some software upgrades to recognise some of your USB devices.
  2. Colif said:
    did you update motherboard drivers? did you run driver booster to see if you missed anything?
    did you update bios?

    sounds like pc needs some software upgrades to recognise some of your USB devices.


    I usually don't do this type of stuff, do you think you could help me update my chipset and all of that? (maybe link me to a tutorial, i can't find the solution anywhere!)

    Edit:
    This is a laptop not a pc, so i don't have a motherboard
  3. I was hoping there was a MSI utility you could use that would do it for you

    If you go Here you will see a warning that says

    Please follow below sequence to install driver. 1. Chipset, 2. Intel VGA, 3. nVidia VGA, 4. Audio, 5. LAN, 6. Card Reader 7. WLAN, 8. BT, 9. Touchpad, 10. ME, 11. Radio Switch, 12. Others

    so we will.

    What I suggest is dl them one at a time, The chipset driver is likely to be the one you need so download the ZIP file
    open your downloads folder
    find the zip file you just downloaded and right click on it
    choose 3rd heading down - Extract All
    this runs a wizard, it will ask you were to copy it to, default location should be the downloads folder so just accept it. This will decompress the folder and open it again.
    Its likely there is only 1 file in there so double click on it. If it has multiple files, choose the setup file.
    This will install the driver or come back with a warning saying you already have a newer version.

    May need a restart, try the headset and see if its fixed. Otherwise you can continue upgrading drivers.

    I might have been tired when I said motherboard, or didn't look at your MSI code :)
  4. Colif said:
    I was hoping there was a MSI utility you could use that would do it for you

    If you go Here you will see a warning that says

    Please follow below sequence to install driver. 1. Chipset, 2. Intel VGA, 3. nVidia VGA, 4. Audio, 5. LAN, 6. Card Reader 7. WLAN, 8. BT, 9. Touchpad, 10. ME, 11. Radio Switch, 12. Others

    so we will.

    What I suggest is dl them one at a time, The chipset driver is likely to be the one you need so download the ZIP file
    open your downloads folder
    find the zip file you just downloaded and right click on it
    choose 3rd heading down - Extract All
    this runs a wizard, it will ask you were to copy it to, default location should be the downloads folder so just accept it. This will decompress the folder and open it again.
    Its likely there is only 1 file in there so double click on it. If it has multiple files, choose the setup file.
    This will install the driver or come back with a warning saying you already have a newer version.

    May need a restart, try the headset and see if its fixed. Otherwise you can continue upgrading drivers.

    I might have been tired when I said motherboard, or didn't look at your MSI code :)


    I just tried intalling all the drivers there, and it still doesn't work. Two things to note when i did this is that:

    -I got a warning saying that the chipset driver i downloaded was an older driver than the one I used before that (i got the warning before i downloaded the driver).

    -Even though the system doesn't recognise the usb dongle, the first time i press the volume button on the usb thingy, the sound notification thingy that usually pops up when I press the shortcut keys for volume (FN+LeftArrow/RightArrow) pops up, but the volume in itself does not change (i can't explain what it is, but here is another image)

    Edit:
    By first time i press it, I mean first time I press it since connecting the usb sound card in, if i plug it out then in again I can do it again.
  5. Quote:
    The headset must be selected as the default audio device in your sound settings.

    For Windows:

    1. Open up Control Panel and select Hardware and Sound and then select Sound.

    2. If the “HyperX 7.1 Audio” is not currently the default audio device, right-click on the option and select “Set as Default Device.”

    3. This should place a green tick next to the default audio device. Repeat the same steps for the microphone portion of the headset, located under the “Recording” tab (also found in the “Sound” program in “Control Panel”).


    http://support.kingston.com/en/hyperx/support/technical/products?model=KHX-HSCP

    I thought headset might have had drivers but seems not. You have latest drivers for hardware. Some part of windows recognises the USB dongle as you get the volume display but its not giving sound...

    lets try the playing audio troubleshooter.
    search cortana for troubleshoot
    choose the control panel choice
    in next window, choose "View all" from left hand column
    Playing audio is about half way down list
    if it asks for a restart, do so and then run troubleshooter again.

    Another one you might want to try is Hardware and devices
  6. Colif said:
    Quote:
    The headset must be selected as the default audio device in your sound settings.

    For Windows:

    1. Open up Control Panel and select Hardware and Sound and then select Sound.

    2. If the “HyperX 7.1 Audio” is not currently the default audio device, right-click on the option and select “Set as Default Device.”

    3. This should place a green tick next to the default audio device. Repeat the same steps for the microphone portion of the headset, located under the “Recording” tab (also found in the “Sound” program in “Control Panel”).


    http://support.kingston.com/en/hyperx/support/technical/products?model=KHX-HSCP

    I thought headset might have had drivers but seems not. You have latest drivers for hardware. Some part of windows recognises the USB dongle as you get the volume display but its not giving sound...

    lets try the playing audio troubleshooter.
    search cortana for troubleshoot
    choose the control panel choice
    in next window, choose "View all" from left hand column
    Playing audio is about half way down list
    if it asks for a restart, do so and then run troubleshooter again.

    Another one you might want to try is Hardware and devices


    I don't use cortana, but i found troubleshoot and did it on audio and hardware. On audio it told me to turn try and turn off soundeffects and soundimprovements and just opened audio devices screen (this one). On the configure device troubleshooter i got theese messages basically saying that my headset needs a driver and that i need to restart my computer. Upon restarting I tried the same troubleshooter and this came up telling me that i need to update my driver.

    It is still not fixed. If there was a way to trick windows into thinking that my device didn't need a driver to work, that would probably be the solution.

    -Edit-
    I could not find my device in the audio devices screen
  7. Best answer
    Hyperx and win 10 have issues - see post half way down page by Hoàng Minh Lê - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/windows-10-update-for-hyperx-cloud-ii-gaming/445d9e8b-5010-4b60-8f5b-3329152e6701

    found fix for other headset but you returned that.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Cloud Computing Logitech USB Gaming Headsets