Solved

I need a Gaming PC for Streaming (CS:GO and Elgato), Playing CS:GO and Video Editing!

I cant decide between these two builds! I'm mainly debating which CPU/GPU and AMD or Intel. Any help would be appreciated, if you have a build of your own post it here also. £450-£600 Budget

Intel Build - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/6hCkcc

AMD Build - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/fswZxY
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming streaming elgato playing video editing
  1. AMD right now is out of the question. Try are dead and can't game as well as any Intel. An i5 will greatly outperform any AMd in gaming. If you go Intel go skylake

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (£164.28 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Asus H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£49.93 @ More Computers)
    Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (£23.67 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£39.60 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 380 4GB NITRO Dual-X OC Video Card (£154.98 @ Ebuyer)
    Case: Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case (£29.99 @ Ebuyer)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£53.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) (£71.90 @ More Computers)
    Total: £588.33
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-31 17:58 BST+0100

    Also if you want a SSD get at least 120GB. a 32 will hold practically nothing. The parts are edited and are the best performance per price
  2. Ryan_78 said:
    AMD right now is out of the question. Try are dead and can't game as well as any Intel. An i5 will greatly outperform any AMd in gaming. If you go Intel go skylake

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (£164.28 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Asus H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£49.93 @ More Computers)
    Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (£23.67 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£39.60 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 380 4GB NITRO Dual-X OC Video Card (£154.98 @ Ebuyer)
    Case: Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case (£29.99 @ Ebuyer)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£53.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) (£71.90 @ More Computers)
    Total: £588.33
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-31 17:58 BST+0100

    Also if you want a SSD get at least 120GB. a 32 will hold practically nothing. The parts are edited and are the best performance per price


    I only chose a small ssd because i only wanted csgo on there, since it is 8gb-ish it wouldn't be worth getting such a large ssd? Sorry to be annoying but could you send me some benchmarks of the cpu + gpu together?
  3. If you look at some benches, the 380 performs better with textures and overall better than the 960, though if you choose the 960, the difference is minimal. Some games the 960 will perform better, the same with AMD. I reccomemd just looking for the cheapest version the 960 4GB. if they are slow, OC them yourself.
    The i5 will perform a good more than 50% better than the fx chip. And with the i5, it seems like a 4 G card will be better too

    3DMark benches. http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/10833591
  4. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£217.31 @ CCL Computers)
    Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£66.66 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£69.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card (£88.07 @ CCL Computers)
    Case: BitFenix Nova ATX Mid Tower Case (£23.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£59.32 @ Amazon UK)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) (£71.90 @ More Computers)
    Total: £597.24
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-31 20:21 BST+0100

    for livestreaming this is a better build thanks to the hyperthreading.
  5. superninja12 said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£217.31 @ CCL Computers)
    Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£66.66 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£69.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card (£88.07 @ CCL Computers)
    Case: BitFenix Nova ATX Mid Tower Case (£23.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£59.32 @ Amazon UK)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) (£71.90 @ More Computers)
    Total: £597.24
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-31 20:21 BST+0100

    for livestreaming this is a better build thanks to the hyperthreading.


    It will help a lot, but you loose to a worse GPU. Hmm interesting.
  6. Ryan_78 said:
    superninja12 said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£217.31 @ CCL Computers)
    Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£66.66 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£69.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card (£88.07 @ CCL Computers)
    Case: BitFenix Nova ATX Mid Tower Case (£23.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£59.32 @ Amazon UK)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) (£71.90 @ More Computers)
    Total: £597.24
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-31 20:21 BST+0100

    for livestreaming this is a better build thanks to the hyperthreading.


    It will help a lot, but you loose to a worse GPU. Hmm interesting.


    turn the graphic settings lower, like that matters a lot for csgo...
  7. What about this? https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-fd9590fhhkwof is this not as good? This is my first pc build btw
  8. VolanOnYT said:
    What about this? https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-fd9590fhhkwof is this not as good? This is my first pc build btw


    that a really horrible idea u dont want that:P
  9. Same tbh. AMD CPUs cannot offer what Intel brings anymore at the point. That CPU will throttle the heck out and be a small heat generator. That CPU is often associated with volcanos and the sun on this site, as we do not reccomemd it to anyone looking for solutions. Go with i5 with good GPU or Xeon with okay GPU. It will be so mch better.
  10. So go with a i5 is there room for upgrading? because I may want a different/dual graphics cards, my LAST question is do you need X amount of graphics cards to have X ammount of monitors (3 graphic cards = 3 monitors?) I've heard so many people see this but seems expensive
  11. It really doesn't work like that.myou can have 4 cards powering one monitor in SLI or XFire. Then you can also have 4 cards not connected in SLI or XFire and get 4 monitors, without combing the power of the cards. More cards in SLI is more compute power. Single cards only work as a single card can do, no boost. If you want to run 3 monitors, one GPU should be enough, but you should game only on one to make sure you cans play the game.

    And the i5 isn't about upgrading th. The Xeon is perfect for streaming and can be upgraded as well, but with the i5 you have room for a better GPU for games. But with the Xeon, you get a poorer GPU. The i5 doesn't stream badly by any means either.
  12. So I Should Be Okay For CSGO? Not planning on streaming battlefield etc
  13. Best answer
    Intel is the way to go now as others said. Get a skylake system.
    Superninja build missing ram.
    Buying a graphics card right now is bad decision in my opinion. Buy everything except graphics card now. We have GTX 1070 and AMD RX 480 launching shortly. GPU market will shake quite a bit. Wait couple of weeks. If the rx 480 performances as we expect it to, GTX 970 will drop to about $150 i think.
    Get a good quality power supply. It will serve you decades.

    So, my suggestion build is -
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (£164.28 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£61.98 @ Ebuyer)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (£27.26 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£37.98 @ Novatech)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 380 4GB NITRO Dual-X OC Video Card (£154.98 @ Ebuyer)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£69.47 @ CCL Computers)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) (£71.90 @ More Computers)
    Total: £587.85
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-01 14:48 BST+0100

    Included one of the best power supply you can buy right now, EVGA G2 comes with 10years of warranty. As i said, wait for rx 480 and 1070 to launch. I added R9 380 just to fill the graphics card blank.

    Edit: If you will only play CS:GO, a 950 will also serve you good.
  14. If anyone can personally message me and be at hand for questions my twitter is https://twitter.com/Its_JDP
Ask a new question

Read More

parts Intel Counter Strike AMD csgo Streaming Gaming PCs Build Elgato Components Video Editing amd or intel