How to connect my laptop (VGA port) to TV (HDMI port) to use as a monitor?
I have a VGA to HDMI adapter but when I connect it to my computer, the TV displays "no signal" though the computer is acknowledging the connection to the TV. Any advice?
First, make sure that the TV is set to the correct input which is HDMI. Next on your laptop press the Windows key + P at the same time and select between Duplicate or Extended display then press Enter. If it will still not work do also try to uninstall/reinstall the graphics driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Once uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot your laptop once the driver has been installed then test it again.
- If all these will still not work then the adapter can be the cause.
- Do try a different monitor that using VGA only and see if that will work or not.
- Best answer
I did a video on how to setup dual monitors using VGA and HDMI. Click below.
My YouTube channel is "EZSilent Hustle"