Solved

what do i need to upgrade to run doom good 1080p 60 fps

cpu:amd 860k
gpu:gtx 960
8gb ram
win 10 64 bit

if its my cpu which one should i get im thinking about a fx 6300?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade run doom good 1080p fps
  1. Best answer
    You'll have to wait and see. According to the system requirements you would need an 8320 minimum.
  2. Well, you can probably run it with those parts. I haven't seen any benchmarks showing whether it's a CPU intensive game. It'll probably be at lower settings with that gpu. You didn't state what settings you wanted to run at, because I read that the Maxed setting (whatever they chose to call it) is quite elaborate. Let me add this though, I saw that the PS4 runs it at 1080p, so you can at least get the goods if you don't mind fps dips.
  3. Hlsgsz said:
    You'll have to wait and see. According to the system requirements you would need an 8320 minimum.


    an 8320 isnt much faster than a 860k
  4. cdabc123 said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    You'll have to wait and see. According to the system requirements you would need an 8320 minimum.


    an 8320 isnt much faster than a 860k


    The requirements suggest that iD thinks the've got a well threaded game on their hands :)
  5. Hlsgsz said:
    cdabc123 said:
    Hlsgsz said:
    You'll have to wait and see. According to the system requirements you would need an 8320 minimum.


    an 8320 isnt much faster than a 860k


    The requirements suggest that iD thinks the've got a well threaded game on their hands :)


    ah ok
  6. Kotaku (whom I dislike for many, many reasons) posted benches and they show that a 960 can run Doom on Ultra at 67fps average. They are using a much more powerful CPU than you, but the card won't be the bottleneck in your setup.

    Edit: In 1080p
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Systems CPUs FPS AMD