Solved

Can a 290 watt power supply power a ZOTAC GTX 750 TI?

I have psu thats crap its only 290 watts can it run a ZOTAC GTX 750 TI the website says that you need a 300 watt psu
22 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 290 watt power supply power zotac gtx 750
  1. I have a secondary computer that is an HP SFF pc with a 240w psu. I use a low profile MSI 750ti and it works great. I have gamed many hours on it with MGS V and never had an issue.
  2. nvidia has set d benchmark at 300W...ideally they know wat they are doing...
    now taking into account ur other hardwares...like cpu, mobo, hdd, etc...if u r using anythng less thn 450W...u run it at ur own risk...
    it might work on 240W...but u may nvr know whn it can get fried...
  3. Well PSUs are quite cheap so I might probably get something around 600-700 watts and get a 900 series card like a gtx 980 ti or gtx 970
  4. thats a gud idea...
  5. If your psu is a non brand one, don't run your card one that unit.
  6. Inkiad said:
    If your psu is a non brand one, don't run your card one that unit.

Well its dell -forced smile-
  7. Dell ones are decent usually. If its got 290w on the 12v rail then it will run a 750 ti.
  8. I'd say 20A on the +12V rail is more than enough. 18A I think is the absolute minimum.
  9. person in need of help said:
    Inkiad said:
    If your psu is a non brand one, don't run your card one that unit.

Well its dell -forced smile-

Check the specification that is written on the psu itself, then post it here.
  10. RobCrezz said:
    Dell ones are decent usually. If its got 290w on the 12v rail then it will run a 750 ti.

Well it is but Im stil considering buying a better psu from EVGA cuz I heard those I really good and there not expensive like graphics cards
  11. person in need of help said:
    RobCrezz said:
    Dell ones are decent usually. If its got 290w on the 12v rail then it will run a 750 ti.

Well it is but Im stil considering buying a better psu from EVGA cuz I heard those I really good and there not expensive like graphics cards

If you want an EVGA unit that's actually good you'll need to spend $75 at least. The other ones below that are poor quality.
  12. person in need of help said:
    RobCrezz said:

Not all PSUs are created equally. A lot more matters than just the rated wattage. The cheapest decent EVGA PSU is the 550W GS, which goes for ~$70:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($70.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $70.98
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-03 08:32 EDT-0400

Use Tom's Hardware's PSU Tier List (Link in signature) as a guide to which PSU to buy. Ideally you'd want to buy a Tier 1 or 2 PSU, and only drop to Tier 3 if you're on a REALLY tight budget. If you don't plan to run anything more powerful than a 750 Ti, I'd get a 350W SeaSonic OEM:

Power Supply: SeaSonic 350W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($33.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $33.99
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-03 08:31 EDT-0400

Nothing made by SeaSonic is under Tier 2. Also, do check that your Dell has an ordinary ATX spec. PSU. Dell and HP are notorious for using proprietary power connectors and PSUs.
  13. I don't like EVGA PSUs, The Seasonic 350W Posted above will get the job done, just be sure that you have an ATX sized PSU.
  14. refillable said:
    I don't like EVGA PSUs, The Seasonic 350W Posted above will get the job done, just be sure that you have an ATX sized PSU.

The EVGA PSU posted above is made by Seasonic.
  15. refillable said:
    I don't like EVGA PSUs, The Seasonic 350W Posted above will get the job done, just be sure that you have an ATX sized PSU.

EVGA's GS, GQ and PS lines are made by SeaSonic. The T/P/G/B2 series' are made by Super Flower. Both are practically at the top of PSU manufacturing. What, pray tell, is there to dislike about EVGA? The fact that their GS series PSUs consistently sell for less than SeaSonic's equivalent X-series? The fact that the G2 series is more readily available than Super Flower's Leadex Gold series (Whose platform the G2 is based on)?

Don't bring in brand preferences when suggesting parts on the forum. Even if you dislike EVGA, they still have high quality products at a competitive prices.
  16. Sorry for making out a confusion. I meant I don't like THAT PARTICULAR EVGA PSU, sorry. It seems that I have posted that without giving exact details. I also wanted to say that a gold rated PSU (such as that one) may be overkill, which means I pretty much don't like the idea of buying that particular EVGA PSU. I was in a hurry to help others. Thanks for clearing that out without spitting rubbish.
  17. Chayan4400 said:
    refillable said:

EVGA's GS, GQ and PS lines are made by SeaSonic. The T/P/G/B2 series' are made by Super Flower. Both are practically at the top of PSU manufacturing. What, pray tell, is there to dislike about EVGA? The fact that their GS series PSUs consistently sell for less than SeaSonic's equivalent X-series? The fact that the G2 series is more readily available than Super Flower's Leadex Gold series (Whose platform the G2 is based on)?

Don't bring in brand preferences when suggesting parts on the forum. Even if you dislike EVGA, they still have high quality products at a competitive prices.

To be fair the X-Series is quite better than the EVGA GS lineup.
  18. Well in the mean time op is missing.
  19. turkey3_scratch said:
    Chayan4400 said:
    refillable said:

To be fair the X-Series is quite better than the EVGA GS lineup.

True. Although when you get to the top, the difference in quality is far less than lower down in the hierarchy.
  20. turkey3_scratch said:
    person in need of help said:
    RobCrezz said:

If you want an EVGA unit that's actually good you'll need to spend $75 at least. The other ones below that are poor quality.

But I heard the $30 430 psu is really good
  21. what is the model no. u r talking abt???
  22. Best answer
    He's talking about the EVGA 430W:

Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($27.99 @ Micro Center)
    Total: $27.99
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-05 04:18 EDT-0400

It's meant primarily for use in normal office use PCs, not gaming rigs. If you're really on a budget, get the 500W version of it and you should be fine. Don't expect to run anyhting more than a 750 Ti though. If looking at longevity and upgradability, the EVGA G series', aside from the G1 series, is the way to go.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Zotac Power Supplies Power