Solved

In game my GPU is at 100% load and only clocking itself at 500mhz. Is this normal, and how do i fix it if its not.

In game my gpu is at 100% load and only clocking itself at 500mhz. Here are my Specs:

Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Noctua NH-L9i 57.5 CFM CPU Cooler

Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card

Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

I have the most up to date drivers and I am monitoring using Afterburner and CAM

I have no over clocks my temps idle are 40C load 55-60C. afterburner reading says that core clock is at 1200 mhz and memory clock is at 500mhz. It displays GPU load as spiking from 100-90 and all the way down to zero. I have performance power settings set as well.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about game gpu 100 load clocking 500mhz normal fix
  1. Alfalfa117 said:
    In game my gpu is at 100% load and only clocking itself at 500mhz. Here are my Specs:

    Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

    Noctua NH-L9i 57.5 CFM CPU Cooler

    Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

    Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

    Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

    Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card

    Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

    I have the most up to date drivers and I am monitoring using Afterburner and CAM

    I have no over clocks my temps idle are 40C load 55-60C. afterburner reading says that core clock is at 1200 mhz and memory clock is at 500mhz. It displays GPU load as spiking from 100-90 and all the way down to zero. I have performance power settings set as well.


    biggest red flag I see is the low quality power supply

    unless it's the RMi specifically, the regular RM series are not meant for a system like yours


    also if core is locked at 1200 mhz at 100% load thats good


    are you sure the memory is not at 1500mhz?


    run valley:


    post your score and core/memory speeds while running it


    https://unigine.com/products/benchmarks/valley/
  2. maxalge said:
    Alfalfa117 said:
    In game my gpu is at 100% load and only clocking itself at 500mhz. Here are my Specs:

    Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

    Noctua NH-L9i 57.5 CFM CPU Cooler

    Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

    Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

    Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

    Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card

    Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

    I have the most up to date drivers and I am monitoring using Afterburner and CAM

    I have no over clocks my temps idle are 40C load 55-60C. afterburner reading says that core clock is at 1200 mhz and memory clock is at 500mhz. It displays GPU load as spiking from 100-90 and all the way down to zero. I have performance power settings set as well.


    biggest red flag I see is the low quality power supply

    unless it's the RMi specifically, the regular RM series are not meant for a system like yours


    also if core is locked at 1200 mhz at 100% load thats good


    are you sure the memory is not at 1500mhz?


    run valley:


    post your score and core/memory speeds while running it


    https://unigine.com/products/benchmarks/valley/


    I have tested in 3d mark before and i got average score for my parts. I think i solved it though. I believe it is a monitoring software issue because i downloaded GPUZ and it displayed my memory clock at 1500mhz under load during a 3D mark test. Also could you explain more one why this PSU inst for my type of build, i was under the impression that it was a fine PSU/
  3. Best answer
    Alfalfa117 said:


    I have tested in 3d mark before and i got average score for my parts. I think i solved it though. I believe it is a monitoring software issue because i downloaded GPUZ and it displayed my memory clock at 1500mhz under load during a 3D mark test. Also could you explain more one why this PSU inst for my type of build, i was under the impression that it was a fine PSU/


    The regular RM series has cheap components that wont last for very long on demanding high powered gaming systems like yours


    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html


    only the RM1000x, RMi, and RM 850w versions are good
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Under clocking AMD 390 Games GPUs