about OC Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 2666MHZ CMK16GX4M2A2666C16

it is possible to overclock my ram to a higher clock than XMP profile?

this is my build:

Core i5-6500 3.2Ghz (OC 4.0Ghz) CPU
Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM
evga NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB Graphics Card
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB HHD
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 CPU Cooler
Cooler Master CM 690 Case
Corsair TX850 Power Supply
Lite-On IHAS124-04 24X RW Dual Layer Drive
9 answers Last reply
More about corsair vengeance lpx 2x8 2666mhz cmk16gx4m2a2666c16
  1. Is it possible? Yes. But it's not guaranteed, and may not give you noticeable performance gains.

    Give it a try and see what you come up with.
  2. Leaps-from-Shadows said:
    Is it possible? Yes. But it's not guaranteed, and may not give you noticeable performance gains.

    Give it a try and see what you come up with.


    Already try it.... i got 3000 ghz but CAS latency go up to 18 and lower fps with some games... theres is something i could do to improving the performance from overclocking?
  3. Try at the 3000/18 and increase DRAM voltage to 1.3 (safe) - if better try dropping the CL to 17
  4. Tradesman1 said:
    Try at the 3000/18 and increase DRAM voltage to 1.3 (safe) - if better try dropping the CL to 17


    I dont know why but if i increase the DRAM voltage, the mobo won't boot...

    I think this memory set don't support more than 1.2 v.

    Another thing is my motherboard won't detect the second XMP profile, and you could see it on this review:
    http://www.play3r.net/reviews/memory/corsair-vengeance-lpx-ddr4-2666mhz-16gb-2x8gb-review/
  5. Tried 1.25? Should be able to raise the DRAM voltage - do you have the latest BIOS?
  6. Tradesman1 said:
    Tried 1.25? Should be able to raise the DRAM voltage - do you have the latest BIOS?


    i tried lower than that, 1.22 and still wont boot... and i have the latest bios for non-k overcloking...
  7. It was worth a try ;)
  8. Tradesman1 said:
    It was worth a try ;)


    i gave the chip 1.2V VCCIO and VCCSA and it work!!
  9. Very good ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking RAM Corsair