Solved

PC Games Lag/Stutter After A While

Hello guys I've tried multiple forums with no luck but I'm trying to find a fix for my issue. ANY help would be appreciated.

So this is an issue that has started happening over 8 months ago where when I play games for about an hour or two the game would give me a "screen tear" like effect. There is extreme micro stutter and gets to the point where I cannot play anymore, in some games like CS:GO my fps goes from 230-250 and then dips to 160 when this starts happening, and in some games fps is perfectly fine but there becomes extreme screen tearing and micro stuttering.

I've tried nearly EVERY fix I could find but nothing(searched nearly all threads related to this), I'm going nuts over this as I have not even been able to use my pc to its full potential because of this issue. My PC is practically all new parts now, besides my cpu and motherboard which are the only thing left from my original build from three years ago. (my gpu, ram, psu, etc... are all new, ordered around two months ago. Full specs listed below)


What I've Tried:
- Uninstalled Geforce Experience
- Uninstalled and reinstalled CSGO in Steam/ Reinstall games.
- Uninstalled the Nvidia HD Audio driver.
- Tried Unplugging my second monitor out, tried new cables.
- Uninstalled and clean installed drivers(audio, video etc...)
- Cleaned PC
- Reinstalled windows
- Practically all my parts are new now. (only leaves cpu or motherboard if this is a hardware issue)
- Run memtest86, defrag, etc...
- Reset bios
- Power options, both for windows and nvidia control panel (max performance)

Extra:
- No this isn't your typical screen tear, I know what it looks like, I'm a fairly "tech savy person" and have been working a few times a week (for many months...) researching online to fix this issue and still have not found anything. What I'm getting is extreme micro stutter and also this affects ALL games once in starts even games like minecraft.
- Temps are perfectly fine, GPU full load maxes at 72C, and CPU at 55C
- Also my GPU is OC'd a little bit, but this issue has happened before my gpu upgrade as well so this most likely isn't the issue. (I've tried with other gpu's same result, and have tried with the OC off)
- To cope with this issue and the ONLY fix I found was putting my pc to sleep and turning it back on or restarting and then it works find for another hour or so.
- I do feel like this is a software issue, but any ideas are welcome. Any help is appreciated thank you :)

Specs:
CPU: Core I5 3570
MOBO: MSI H77-G43
GPU: EVGA GTX 950FTW
RAM: G. Skill Sniper 16GB
Storage: Crucial BX100 120GB, 1TB Caviar Blue, 2x Seagate 500GB SSHD
PSU: EVGA 650 GQ
Cooling: Hyper 212 EVO
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about games lag stutter
  1. What version of windows?.
  2. techguy911 said:
    What version of windows?.

    Windows 10 as of now, issue occurred when I upgraded from windows 7 to 8 months ago.
  3. I had that exact problem with 10 follow this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwiHog2leMM
  4. techguy911 said:
    I had that exact problem with 10 follow this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwiHog2leMM


    will try it out.
  5. techguy911 said:
    I had that exact problem with 10 follow this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwiHog2leMM


    Did this resolve the issue for you?, I'm going to test it tomorrow.
  6. Yes it fixed the problem for me cortana sucks up a huge amount of resources also windows notifications and windows update set on default can cause problems with online gaming and it kills your ping if it is set to share updates with people on the internet.
    One of the largest stuttering problems seems to be with the superfetch service it is best you disable the service and you will notice that there is no more stuttering.
    Another good program to run just before you launch your game is: http://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-game-booster.html
  7. So i remember that i had a similiar problem as you but in Call of Duty 2 game (v1.3) at first i had 250 FPS lock, and after a while my FPS droped to 120 and sometimes even under 80. So what i had to do?
    I just uninstalled Nvidia HD Audio (had only realtek audio driver left) and nvidia GeForce Experience. After uninstalling those two things, everything worked corectly again.

    Hope this helps, at least you can try, if it doesnt help you can easily install them back.
  8. techguy911 said:
    Yes it fixed the problem for me cortana sucks up a huge amount of resources also windows notifications and windows update set on default can cause problems with online gaming and it kills your ping if it is set to share updates with people on the internet.
    One of the largest stuttering problems seems to be with the superfetch service it is best you disable the service and you will notice that there is no more stuttering.
    Another good program to run just before you launch your game is: http://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-game-booster.html


    Anonymous said:
    So i remember that i had a similiar problem as you but in Call of Duty 2 game (v1.3) at first i had 250 FPS lock, and after a while my FPS droped to 120 and sometimes even under 80. So what i had to do?
    I just uninstalled Nvidia HD Audio (had only realtek audio driver left) and nvidia GeForce Experience. After uninstalling those two things, everything worked corectly again.

    Hope this helps, at least you can try, if it doesnt help you can easily install them back.



    These didn't help sadly :(, thanks for helping so far. You guys got any more ideas?
  9. Anyone else have any ideas?
  10. Best answer
    I had this problem when I upgraded my GPU to a 960, after a week of tinkering I found that disabling page file, turning off (not restarting) and starting the PC , enabling it again and setting it to "automatically manage paging..." applying and turning it of and on again fixed the stuttering I had, hopefully it works for you.
Ask a new question

Read More

stutter Games Lag PC gaming