Solved

Can My Build Card Run Star Citizen?

My build is as follows:
OS: Windows 10
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K (stock cooler)
RAM (idk if i need to upgrade): 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 668mhz
Motherboard: MSI A68HM Grenade
GPU: MSI Radeon R7 250x 1GB GDDR5

Note: I will be receiving a new power supply Monday so i may be able to do some slight overclocking. ((Current PSU is causing me to downclock my GPU :/))

Any answers are greatly appreciated and I'm sorry if i posted this in the wrong thread category!
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build card run star citizen
  1. Maybe on the lowest settings you can use. 720p. It might look ok.
  2. Running the game on Low Settings on a Low resolution might be your only way of playing the game with playable FPS.
  3. deezyboa said:
    Running the game on Low Settings on a Low resolution might be your only way of playing the game with playable FPS.


    Kinda blows, I'm fine with the lowest settings i just find it hard to play on anything less than 1080p. Any idea the amount of FPS id get if i played lowest settings on 1080p?
  4. For a game that isnt even close to being out yet? Id have to consult my magic 8 ball.
  5. Best answer
    tgimike said:
    deezyboa said:
    Running the game on Low Settings on a Low resolution might be your only way of playing the game with playable FPS.


    Kinda blows, I'm fine with the lowest settings i just find it hard to play on anything less than 1080p. Any idea the amount of FPS id get if i played lowest settings on 1080p?


    I actually just searched up a Star Citizen Benchmark on a 260X, which is a little bit better than a 250x. It showed that the 260x ran it at 1080p on lowest settings, and got about 30 FPS Average, 40 FPS Max, so maybe your PC might be able to run it around that performance. Although this was only in the Hangar Module. We won't know the actual benchmarks until the game actually comes out
  6. deezyboa said:
    tgimike said:
    deezyboa said:
    Running the game on Low Settings on a Low resolution might be your only way of playing the game with playable FPS.


    Kinda blows, I'm fine with the lowest settings i just find it hard to play on anything less than 1080p. Any idea the amount of FPS id get if i played lowest settings on 1080p?


    I actually just searched up a Star Citizen Benchmark on a 260X, which is a little bit better than a 250x. It showed that the 260x ran it at 1080p on lowest settings, and got about 30 FPS Average, 40 FPS Max, so maybe your PC might be able to run it around that performance. Although this was only in the Hangar Module. We won't know the actual benchmarks until the game actually comes out


    Alright, thanks for the help man :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games MSI-Microstar Star Citizen 250x AMD R7 Build Citizen windows 10 Dual Channel Graphics Cards Radeon