New cpu working fine,(really good FPS) then bam frames in games really bad

I recently obtained an i5-4460 cpu to upgrade my pc. I also got a new motherboard (new chipset/socket), an MSI H97M-G43.
Specs:
i5-4460
MSI H97M-G43
Geforce GTX 650 ti Boost
8 gigs Crucial Ballistix Sport Memory
EVGA 500 w Power Supply
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I've been gaming on this setup for about 3 weeks, and everything was going as expected, above 60 frames on all my games.
I went from 250 frames in Counter Strike Global Offensive to about 30 at the same settings.
I went from 100 frames in H1Z1 to 25.

I unparked all my cores, thinking that might be the problem, but it had no effect.

Any ideas/suggestions on how to fix it, or is it faulty hardware? Thanks for your help.
6 answers Last reply
More about cpu working fine good fps bam frames games bad
  1. You said you had above 60 fps in all games than you say 30 fps on counterstrike. What was your hardware before ? Are other games running as intended ?
  2. sydneyblue203 said:
    You said you had above 60 fps in all games than you say 30 fps on counterstrike. What was your hardware before ? Are other games running as intended ?


    No games are running as intended. On the same hardware, I'm getting 30 frames now, when yesterday, I was getting 250 on Counter Strike. I'm just using it as an example. All other games are experiencing the same issue.
  3. what was you hardware before when you were getting 250 fps ?
  4. are the power saving in windows on performance ? are you using a too like msi afterburner to see what your cpu and gpu is running at ?
  5. sydneyblue203 said:
    what was you hardware before when you were getting 250 fps ?


    It's the exact same as now, but I'm suddenly getting lower frames. That's my issue.
  6. sydneyblue203 said:
    are the power saving in windows on performance ? are you using a too like msi afterburner to see what your cpu and gpu is running at ?


    I'll check MSI Afterburner.
Ask a new question

Read More

MSI-Microstar Motherboards Intel i5 CPUs Games FPS