Solved

What is the difference between Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - versions? (RR-212E-20PK-R1) VS (RR-212E-20PK-R2)

Two Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO versions are shown.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=RR-212E-20PK-R1
(RR-212E-20PK-R1) and (RR-212E-20PK-R2)
What is the difference which explains the pricing of the two?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about difference cooler master hyper 212 evo versions 212e 20pk 212e 20pk
  1. R1 seems to be old, R2 new without any major differences: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-evo/
  2. The R2 model is I think the slightly newer revision, and is the most common one. No big difference I think and typically the price of the R2 is much better.
  3. tea urchin said:
    There is some mix up as cm's website has been changed. but the r1 has a 1600 rpm speed while the other has been set at 2000 rpm max probably for hotter climates.
    There should not be that much difference in price.Never trust re sellers on amazon not to dive in with some price expansion b/s.
    http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/11802-question-about-the-cm-hyper-212-evo-r1-and-r2/

    The 1600 is the EU version and has a different item number!
  4. noidea_77 said:
    R1 seems to be old, R2 new without any major differences: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-evo/

    Thank You Npidea-77
    You have an idea though. I opend the link and found this:
    Model RR-212E-20PK-R1 / RR-212E-20PK-R2 / RR-212E-16PK-R1(EU Version)
    But that does not explain the difference in the price . R2 $30 R1 $65.
  5. Best answer
    HIKMA2015 said:
    noidea_77 said:
    R1 seems to be old, R2 new without any major differences: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-evo/

    Thank You Npidea-77
    You have an idea though. I opend the link and found this:
    Model RR-212E-20PK-R1 / RR-212E-20PK-R2 / RR-212E-16PK-R1(EU Version)
    But that does not explain the difference in the price . R2 $30 R1 $65.

    Maybe you are new to online shops, but sometimes the only reason is that the dealer wants your money. There is definably no other reason for price tags like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BV168UI/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005O65JXI/ref=olp_page_10?ie=UTF8&f_new=true&qid=1451221369&sr=1-1&startIndex=90
  6. tea urchin said:
    There is some mix up as cm's website has been changed. but the r1 has a 1600 rpm speed while the other has been set at 2000 rpm max probably for hotter climates.
    There should not be that much difference in price.Never trust re sellers on amazon not to dive in with some price expansion b/s.
    http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/11802-question-about-the-cm-hyper-212-evo-r1-and-r2/


    Thank You tea urchin!
    According to Amazon it is the R1 not R2 which has a fan speed of 2000 rpm. Please have a look here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Hyper-212-Evo-RR-212E-20PK-R1--/dp/B00BV168UI/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1451221787&sr=1-2&keywords=RR-212E-20PK-R1
  7. noidea_77 said:
    HIKMA2015 said:
    noidea_77 said:
    R1 seems to be old, R2 new without any major differences: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-evo/

    Thank You Npidea-77
    You have an idea though. I opend the link and found this:
    Model RR-212E-20PK-R1 / RR-212E-20PK-R2 / RR-212E-16PK-R1(EU Version)
    But that does not explain the difference in the price . R2 $30 R1 $65.

    Maybe you are new to online shops, but sometimes the only reason is that the dealer wants your money. There is definably no other reason for price tags like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BV168UI/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005O65JXI/ref=olp_page_10?ie=UTF8&f_new=true&qid=1451221369&sr=1-1&startIndex=90

    Thank You again No idea -77. Yes the links you sent have answered my query!
  8. HIKMA2015 said:
    noidea_77 said:
    HIKMA2015 said:
    noidea_77 said:
    R1 seems to be old, R2 new without any major differences: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-evo/

    Thank You Npidea-77
    You have an idea though. I opend the link and found this:
    Model RR-212E-20PK-R1 / RR-212E-20PK-R2 / RR-212E-16PK-R1(EU Version)
    But that does not explain the difference in the price . R2 $30 R1 $65.

    Maybe you are new to online shops, but sometimes the only reason is that the dealer wants your money. There is definably no other reason for price tags like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BV168UI/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005O65JXI/ref=olp_page_10?ie=UTF8&f_new=true&qid=1451221369&sr=1-1&startIndex=90

    Thank You again No idea -77. Yes the links you sent have answered my query!


    You are welcome!
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooler Master Components Evo