Pc crashes with buzzing sound

My pc starts crashing with a buzzing sound from the speakears while playing games.
First the screen freeze and then the soung comes and then I need to cut the power.
I've tried to reinstall drivers and changing ram sticks. Now I don't know what to do next, I haven't done any overclocking.

Sometimes when I play games the game sometímes chrashes because the Graphic drives stopped responding and then it returns to the desktop.

I am running two monitors, one is connected to the Gpu and one to the motherboard. Can that be the problem maybe?

Computer specs:
Motherboard: Asus z97-A
GPU: EVGA gtx 760 sc 2gb
CPU: I5 4670k
PSU: Corsair RM850
RAM: Kingston 8gb (2*4)
7 answers Last reply
More about crashes buzzing sound
  1. Few things it could be. My first thought is thermal issues. with EVGA, you should have their overclocking manager (don't remember what its called but it lets you see temps on the card.) Open that then open a game in windowed mode, not fullscreen. This is available in most game's settings. That will let you see if it's getting too hot. I would also check if all the appropriate fans are running, since that's a pretty well cooled card. Check EVGA's overclock manager to make sure it is all stable, and I would make sure the fan curve in their precision-x sofware is not abnormal. Just reset all the fan settings. If that doesn't work you can try taking out the gpu and cleaning the socket and putting it back in. THEN

    Do the same thing with the cpu. Temps, check fans, and all that.

    If that doesn't work let me know
  2. sethgi said:
    Few things it could be. My first thought is thermal issues. with EVGA, you should have their overclocking manager (don't remember what its called but it lets you see temps on the card.) Open that then open a game in windowed mode, not fullscreen. This is available in most game's settings. That will let you see if it's getting too hot. I would also check if all the appropriate fans are running, since that's a pretty well cooled card. Check EVGA's overclock manager to make sure it is all stable, and I would make sure the fan curve in their precision-x sofware is not abnormal. Just reset all the fan settings. If that doesn't work you can try taking out the gpu and cleaning the socket and putting it back in. THEN

    Do the same thing with the cpu. Temps, check fans, and all that.

    If that doesn't work let me know



    I have now checked the tempratures in a Gta v benchmark and the cpu gets to 70 degres and the gpu to 69.
    All the fans are as they should be.

    I have notiesed that sometimes everything is working as it should but most of the times it chrashes.

    Can it be the gpu that is broken or something?
  3. Video card could very well be the issue, you should rule out any software issues though. Find a spare hard drive, remove yours and install Windows and drivers for your system on the spare, load a game or two and some benchmarks. Play around with that. If system crashes then, you can swap out your card for another one and/or test yours in another system.
  4. today I reinstalled windows and it still chrashes when I play games. Any ideas on what it could be, can it be Gpu, motherboard or maybe the harddrive?
  5. Here is a video I recorded when I chrashed
  6. Jakkeholm said:
    today I reinstalled windows and it still chrashes when I play games. Any ideas on what it could be, can it be Gpu, motherboard or maybe the harddrive?


    Not likely the motherboard or the drive, video card or power supply are the first things to test.
  7. hang-the-9 said:
    Jakkeholm said:
    today I reinstalled windows and it still chrashes when I play games. Any ideas on what it could be, can it be Gpu, motherboard or maybe the harddrive?


    Not likely the motherboard or the drive, video card or power supply are the first things to test.


    I don't think it is the power supply because I upgraded it from an corsair cx500 to an RM850 before and I had the same problem with the 500 watt power supply.
Ask a new question

Read More

Crash Gaming PCs Games